Echo: Galaxy City and Echo: Dark Astoria

gromartwo

When the upcoming Issue 27 arrives we may be losing base portal access to Echo: Galaxy City and Echo: Dark Astoria. They will still be available through Ouroborous for badging but we will lose a convenient method of getting the Ouro accolade itself. Unless we spam chat for people to drop portals for us we will have to wait until we complete certain missions (level 15-19 villains/level 20-24 heroes).

The devs plan to lower the requirements for entry to Ouro so why not write up low level arcs to send us back in time?

i haven't thought about redside missions much but here are some for heroes:

Echo: Galaxy City

A contact wants to know what is causing the psychic disturbances in Perez Park and sends the player on a mission to read history plaques about Ishmael of the Lost. Since some of the plaques are in Galaxy City the player is sent to the destroyed zone (map is used in an arc from Twinshot). From there the player ends up in a time warp and has an adventure in Echo: Galaxy City (instanced map) and earns "Entrusted With A Secret."

Echo: Dark Astoria

Once the character is a member of the Midnight Squad he/she is contacted by a fellow member who is researching ways of restoring Astoria. The player is sent into Echo: Dark Astoria and has many adventures. This could be a 20-30 level arc.

Another way to do this is as a level 50 task force set up by the Midnight Squad. Incarnates wish to prevent the return of Mot and travel back to level 20-30 Astoria to dig up info on Mot, Hazen and even Spanky Rabinowitz.

I always thought that old Dark Astoria deserved some attention with a series of arcs like Faultline and a Meg Mason type to offer repeatable content. The new Astoria has that but Echo: Dark Astoria could still be a source of story content.

• Like 6

I think this is a really cool idea.

Certainly would love to hear more thoughts about how a 1-10 range time travel arc could shape up.

Edit: Two birds, one stone thought:

I've heard people understandably feeling uncomfortable about the new Mercy takeover arc, specifically the last contact (Harris I think his name was.) I wonder if an alternative strategy of going back in time to when Longbow took over Fort Darwin and preventing their takeover before it ever happened would work.

Edited by Lines
  • Like 6

These are great ideas to actually integrate these "free resources" just sitting around otherwise going unused.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Excellent!  I posted a vaguely similar thought a while back:

"I think if you want to do something with Echo Galaxy City then Ouro is the answer IMO. Make it an actual level capped "Time Travel Zone" wherein there are missions attempting to warn the residents of the impending meteor strike.  Of course they fail, but what else is discovered along the way? Link it to BAB in present Atlas even, making him a contact as opposed to a trainer because frankly no one really trains with him.  Every now and then I suppose but mostly not.  "Hey, $name, don't I know you from somewhere? Did we meet in Galaxy City?"

But your idea has far more focus and makes more sense regarding a Lore reason to get Ouro powers,  Furthermore, yes Echo DA needs more love.  Personally I prefer it to the current version.  "Silent Hill" DA was MY DA 🙂

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

20 hours ago, gromartwo said:

When the upcoming Issue 27 arrives we may be losing base portal access to Echo: Galaxy City and Echo: Dark Astoria.

But unless they disable base rezzing (the 'go to hospital/go to base' option when defeated) in those zones, your base teleport system reaches across time to retrieve you (and send you back after rezzing), which makes the "these beacons send you across time or dimensions, so they had to be removed" argument for their disappearance seem a little contrived, we wind up with gross inconsistencies with the various ways to reach your base. Disabling 'rez in your base' -- and, logically, the various base teleport powers -- in Cimerora, the Echo zones, the Shadow Shard, and any mission through Portal Corp or Ouroboros to make the claim about the base beacons consistent would likely raise a storm of protest.