/Fire de-toggle on Farms...?

The_Warpact

1 minute ago, Saikochoro said:

I also prefer button mashing too, which is why I don’t afk farming. There are much more efficient ways of making money anyway. 

I totally understand being broke in this game. That’s how I was for my entire time on live and for a good portion of my time here on homecoming. Fortunately, there are a lot of great ways to make money depending on your preferences. 

im certainly open to advice. Even though my first brute only has a couple mid level IO sets and tier 1's of incarnate, i'm able to get the job done in the farm missions. I just have to manage my stats a little closer and rely on the occasional inspiration to carry me through.  The Influence/Infamy is slow.  I tried doing some architect rewards and roll the tickets and craft anything decent to sell or use. Other than a few Aegis (which i'll need) it's been all junk.   Back in the day i used to farm the old city map with the fire demons, i remember getting once in a while purple drop.  Do those drop in AOE missions?

5 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

I also prefer button mashing too, which is why I don’t afk farming. There are much more efficient ways of making money anyway. 

I totally understand being broke in this game. That’s how I was for my entire time on live and for a good portion of my time here on homecoming. Fortunately, there are a lot of great ways to make money depending on your preferences.  Depending on how much play time you have, you can easily earn 100m + influence per week.  No need to be poor!

This link is a high level review of several ways to start making money fast. There are other fantastic guides in the guide section going more into detail particularly on enhancement conversion and farming.

Thank you for that guide link. im going to read it now.  

6 minutes ago, Incursion said:

im certainly open to advice. Even though my first brute only has a couple mid level IO sets and tier 1's of incarnate, i'm able to get the job done in the farm missions. I just have to manage my stats a little closer and rely on the occasional inspiration to carry me through.  The Influence/Infamy is slow.  I tried doing some architect rewards and roll the tickets and craft anything decent to sell or use. Other than a few Aegis (which i'll need) it's been all junk.   Back in the day i used to farm the old city map with the fire demons, i remember getting once in a while purple drop.  Do those drop in AOE missions?

If you are farming at level 50, my advice is to do standard rewards.  You get influence from killing enemies on top of recipe rewards. You will get purple drops, but they are more rare than other drops of course. Depending on how long you farm it isn’t unreasonable to get at least 1 per day though.  PVP IOs are good too. Another good money maker honestly is common level 50 IO recipes. These are around 100k per pop selling at a vendor and you get a lot of those. 

Farming below level 50 isn’t really that great for influence generation. 

Edited by Saikochoro

45 minutes ago, Incursion said:

so for this AFK farm, you are just running in putting burn on auto?  How long does it usually Take to clear? Sounds interesting when you could play another toon on an alt account while doing this lol. 

Yeah put burn on auto, run to center of map and walk away or run another toon or pl or etc.

Usually 10 minutes, I'm renovating my house do it's perfect.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

45 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

Yeah put burn on auto, run to center of map and walk away or run another toon or pl or etc.

Usually 10 minutes, I'm renovating my house do it's perfect.

1 hour ago, Saikochoro said:

I have actually thought a good way to destroy afk farming without harming active farming is to have detoggling occur in AE after a certain time threshold if the only active power running is done so with the auto command.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

45 minutes ago, Troo said:

Haves and the have nots, one side is always trying to force the other side to play their way and usually upset that they aren't playing their way, so they needlessly come up with was to "destroy " or take away things to force people in their corner. 

I really don't have time for kids that want me to play by their "rules".

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

1 hour ago, The_Warpact said:

Haves and the have nots, one side is always trying to force the other side to play their way and usually upset that they aren't playing their way, so they needlessly come up with was to "destroy " or take away things to force people in their corner. 

I really don't have time for kids that want me to play by their "rules".

I personally have no issue with afk farming. I just know that it will eventually be killed by the devs because they do have a problem with it.

As such, I have tried to think of a way for them to achieve their goal without harming the efficacy of active farming. If they nerf rewards, then that harms active farming. If they nerf armor sets (fiery aura) or the go-to melee sets (spines, rad, claws), then that hurts all users of those power sets. If they nerf set bonuses to attack survivability, then that harms everyone. If they nerf various caps in AE (resist caps, defense caps, aggro caps, etc), then that harms active farming.  I’m sure there are other ways of killing afk farming without harming active farming, but detoggling is the only one I have thought of so far. 

I am always one to advocate for people being able to play how they want to play. I also very much understand that there are only so many hours in the day. So don’t take my comment to mean that I look down on afk farming. I personally would be fine if they left afk farming untouched. It doesn’t affect me one way or another. However, since the devs have expressly stated that they do plan to address it, my hopes is that they will do it in such a way that active farming is largely untouched.  

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

I personally have no issue with afk farming. I just know that it will eventually be killed by the devs because they do have a problem with it.

As such, I have tried to think of a way for them to achieve their goal without harming the efficacy of active farming. If they nerf rewards, then that harms active farming. If they nerf armor sets (fiery aura) or the go-to melee sets (spines, rad, claws), then that hurts all users of those power sets. If they nerf set bonuses to attack survivability, then that harms everyone. If they nerf various caps in AE (resist caps, defense caps, aggro caps, etc), then that harms active farming.  I’m sure there are other ways of killing afk farming without harming active farming, but detoggling is the only one I have thought of so far. 

I am always one to advocate for people being able to play how they want to play. I also very much understand that there are only so many hours in the day. So don’t take my comment to mean that I look down on afk farming. I personally would be fine if they left afk farming untouched. It doesn’t affect me one way or another. However, since the devs have expressly stated that they do plan to address it, my hopes is that they will do it in such a way that active farming is largely untouched.  

I understand your point and wholeheartedly agree.

I've seen some rather bile filled responses on this subject and my apologies for judging you as such.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The_Warpact said:

I understand your point and wholeheartedly agree.

I've seen some rather bile filled responses on this subject and my apologies for judging you as such.

It’s all good. It was an easy conclusion to jump to since I didn’t clarify my point. So no worries. Like I said, I want everyone to be able to play how they want to and have no problem with people afk farming. Unfortunately, you are correct that there are plenty of people that won’t rest until everyone plays the same way they do. So, when the devs decide to change something I want there to be as little collateral damage as possible.

Edit: I’m not trying to call out the devs. I’m sure they have their reasons. I was more calling out that there is indeed a group of players that like to force their playstyle on others.  

Edited by Saikochoro
  • Like 1