/Fire de-toggle on Farms...?

The_Warpact

Every so often when I AFK farm I come back to find my broot dead. So sorta strange but sometimes he gets overwhelmed. 

So recently I came upon it and some of his toggles were off and a friend was farming today and noticed his was detoggled with the exception of 1 toggle.

So what gives? Some kind of disorient?

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

5 minutes ago, Six Six said:

Mez has been known to detoggle certain powers. Usually tertiary pool powers are unaffected, but orimaries, secondaries and epics are. And not just fire. I've seennit with dark, nature, bubbles and rad. I haven't noticed it with ice.

Yeah but Mez on a fire farm? @brigg any idea? I run #125 exclusively. 

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

All of your combat rolls/stats are tracked in a chat tab in game. If you've turned on chat logging in game then these are saved as text files locally.  Mine are in C:\Program Files (x86)\City of Heroes\accountname but you might have them somewhere else if you didn't do a default install.  

You can enable in game with a slash command but it's been so long since I've done it I can't remember if it's  /chatlog or /logchat

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Darkir said:

I'd bet this is due to endurance de-toggle before any kind of mez detoggling you.

Nope, on my AFK the only thing firing is burn and toggles running, I've got the build more than set on endurance. 

On 11/1/2020 at 6:10 AM, The_Warpact said:

Yeah but Mez on a fire farm? @brigg any idea? I run #125 exclusively. 

125 is strictly fire attacks. No hidden damage or stacking. Nothing that should detoggle you. The Smashing/Lethal farm does however. It's minor, but can happen. Silly question, and please forgive me - kinda like, did you try turning it off and on - are you sure you didn't run out of endurance. It's something I've done myself a few times when I wasn't paying attention.

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

1 hour ago, brigg said:

125 is strictly fire attacks. No hidden damage or stacking. Nothing that should detoggle you. The Smashing/Lethal farm does however. It's minor, but can happen. Silly question, and please forgive me - kinda like, did you try turning it off and on - are you sure you didn't run out of endurance. It's something I've done myself a few times when I wasn't paying attention.

No its 125, I'm going to run chat logs see if I can track it down or record it.

Thanks appreciate it.

20 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

No its 125, I'm going to run chat logs see if I can track it down or record it.

Thanks appreciate it.

Cool. If you find something, please let me know.

• Like 1

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

19 hours ago, krj12 said:

Just curious the point behind afk farming...   In my experience on the rainbow arc, most of the mobs end up stuck around the edges of the map.

I plant myself in the middle when I farm, my buddy puts himself by the clickie, and occasionally some mobs don't move.

If its a couple I mop them up quickly before I do the reset.

I'm sure some ppl skip them and reset.

l'm not sure but some players put on their firefarms powers like Overheat (or Heat Exhaustion) or Consume those drain endurance. Also maybe it's some fire attack powerset used for AE adds that deals -END to their target. My firefarmer uses Ageless +RECOVERY incarnate, l never experienced that and l was using Troll Cave firefarm FYI.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

It doesn't sound like an endurance issue but anything being run that has an endurance use/crash when it ends (like Hasten) that might happen at a bad moment. 

Or a toggle that covers mez perhaps not running for a server tic while it "renews" and some mez hitting randomly on just that server tic causing a detoggling?

2 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

It doesn't sound like an endurance issue but anything being run that has an endurance use/crash when it ends (like Hasten) that might happen at a bad moment. 

Or a toggle that covers mez perhaps not running for a server tic while it "renews" and some mez hitting randomly on just that server tic causing a detoggling?

Yeah I've tried this last week running the farm with no crash, I have chat logs running with a the tabs for heals, damage, etc as the only things recording.

Hopefully I die again soon and I catch whatever this elusive thing is on the logs. If not I can always record visually and maybe see something. 

Do you use CJ and Ninja/Beast run?  If you use CJ for the 2.5 def and had been running Ninja/Beast they are exclusive; one turns the other off.  You forgot to turn CJ back on and then RNGesus kicks in, you take some heavy hits when the streak breaker decides it hates you.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

So died 2x tonite nothing in chat logs except resets on all the toggles...watched end consumption vs recovery and the only thing I can see is a subtle drop which after a period of time is deadly...the perf shifter proc slows it but ultimately with all the toggles running and burn dropping there is no chance to recover and it is a slow descent. 
Lvling and running ageless throws it off so its not constant and activating ageless before going afk helps if the mobs are defeated quick enough.

BUT, there has been instances where dmg taken has reduced health to the point that the armor and regen can't cope and once again its a trickle well more of stream to death.

Also, found out I wasn't at T4 on Ageless so that was an oversight.

So going to tweak the build some more and well gang the mystery is solved.

Mucho grande thanks for all the advice.

Edited by The_Warpact
Learn 2 spell

• 3 weeks later
20 minutes ago, Incursion said:

so for this AFK farm, you are just running in putting burn on auto?  How long does it usually Take to clear? Sounds interesting when you could play another toon on an alt account while doing this lol. 

Yes, get fire resist hard capped and fire defense softcapped, then put burn on auto. That’s basically it. 

Just keep in mind that the devs do intend to destroy afk farming with a merciless vengeance when they have the time. See below. So, I wouldn’t depend on it as it will eventually get fixed. 

I have actually thought a good way to destroy afk farming without harming active farming is to have detoggling occur in AE after a certain time threshold if the only active power running is done so with the auto command. 

That said, fire resist capped and defense softcapped brutes and tankers are the standard for active farming as well. So, even when afk farming is destroyed you can still use the farmer just fine. 

Edited by Saikochoro

5 minutes ago, Saikochoro said:

Yes, get fire resist hard capped and fire defense softcapped, then put burn on auto. That’s basically it. 

Just keep in mind that the devs do intend to destroy afk farming with a merciless vengeance when they have the time. They have said so themselves.  So, I wouldn’t depend on it as it will eventually get fixed. 

I have actually thought a good way to destroy afk farming without harming active farming is to have detoggling occur in AE after a certain time threshold if the only active power running is done so with the auto command. 

yeah was more curious. I prefer to button mash anyways. just leveled up 2 /Fire brutes on  2 separate accounts so i can cross PL.  I've only been back a little less than 2 weeks.  Broke, IO starved will be the way for a while it seems.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Incursion said:

yeah was more curious. I prefer to button mash anyways. just leveled up 2 /Fire brutes on  2 separate accounts so i can cross PL.  I've only been back a little less than 2 weeks.  Broke, IO starved will be the way for a while it seems.  

I also prefer button mashing too, which is why I don’t afk farming. There are much more efficient ways of making money anyway. 

I totally understand being broke in this game. That’s how I was for my entire time on live and for a good portion of my time here on homecoming. Fortunately, there are a lot of great ways to make money depending on your preferences.  Depending on how much play time you have, you can easily earn 100m + influence per week.  No need to be poor!

This link is a high level review of several ways to start making money fast. There are other fantastic guides in the guide section going more into detail particularly on enhancement conversion and farming.

Edited by Saikochoro