Dear Admins; About the Knight Errant Temp Power Reward

DarionLeonidas

Dear Admins:

I'm on the Excelsior Server, and I'd like to plan on doing the Clockwork Paladin Event in Kings Row, but I am told it's pretty buggy and we need to ask you folks to set up a special zone to do it in.

I honestly feel kind of guilty bugging you about this. So, full disclosure: I have a character who "collects" robot pets (a robots MM who unleashes metal terrorism on an unsuspecting world, blah, blah, blah...), so I use up the five Knights Errant every couple of weeks or so, if not sooner.

Is there a regular schedule for this event, or are there plans to fix the bug?

Perhaps we could earn the Knight Errant temporary power reward some other way?

Anyway, thanks for your time, and for all you do for us!

@DASHER

Edited by DarionLeonidas
typo

• City Council
2 minutes ago, DarionLeonidas said:

are there plans to fix the bug?

We are aware it’s broken, but it’s unfortunately not a quick fix. We do want to eventually get around to it.

It only works once in each instance of King’s Row, so your best bet is to get in right after server maintenance on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

It only works once in each instance of King’s Row, so your best bet is to get in right after server maintenance on Tuesday.

Would that mean if enough people showed up in Kings Row to cause a Kings Row 2 to be created (similar to Atlas or RWZ during busy times/raids), a Paladin would spawn in the newly created KR2?

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

• City Council
1 hour ago, ZorkNemesis said:

Would that mean if enough people showed up in Kings Row to cause a Kings Row 2 to be created (similar to Atlas or RWZ during busy times/raids), a Paladin would spawn in the newly created KR2?

Yes - and you've actually given us an idea for a potential temporary fix that might work (which means there's no guarantees 🙂 ).

During maintenance this week we're going to set the soft player cap in Kings Row to 20, which should cause a second instance to open up if you gather 20 players in Kings Row, hopefully allowing you to run the event.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

On 11/15/2020 at 1:45 PM, Jimmy said:

We are aware it’s broken, but it’s unfortunately not a quick fix. We do want to eventually get around to it.

Awesome! Thanks, GM_Jimmy!

People were doing it on Everlasting, also.

And I did the event with a group of people right after the servers came back up on Tuesday morning. . . .  and got no badge.  What?!  Is this a bug?  Oh.  I already had the badge.  Carry on.  🙂

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.