Sands of Mu (and Flurry)

Ukase

Like most folks, in the low levels, I grab Sands of Mu from p2w to get some kind of attack chain while I'm waiting for my two powers to recharge. 

But Sands of Mu...so annoying when it misses...and as much as I'd like it to be auto-hit, I know that's not a real solution. 

But, since the CoH we all knew is now dead, and there's this new flavor of CoH by you HC folks - could we implement some kind of mechanic where when you use Sands, or Flurry that if the rng says you miss, you don't miss all the punches? 

Is it at all realistic to fight someone, and they dodge 8 punches in a row? I mean, I know they're telegraphed with poor form with the head down and swingin' away like a 6 year old who got his candy stolen, but all of them miss? Argh! 
How about just the first three? Then the streak breaker can clean things up, let you hit at least one shot in there. 

• Haha 2

Thing about this is, the power is coded to "hit-or-miss" the entire attack, not just the individual punches. I'd imagine this would need fresh code to implement hit check for individual punches, since there is no attack in the game that has the behavior you're describing. It's a DoT much like Burst from Assault Rifle or Fire damage ticks.

Behold my altitis

Webmistress Shelob - Crab Spider Soldier (50)

Bulldog Palmieri - AR/Devices Blaster (50)

Queen I - Elec/FF Controller (50)

Sir Bedrock - Fire/Stone Brute (50)

I think the best we can hope for is that upon a miss, we are no longer required to be rooted. It would also be nice if they buffed the damage on Flurry. The lack of damage on that honestly makes it not even worth picking up for any other reason that theme of a Speedster.

I wonder how different these powers are from Shadow Maul? Because on scrappers at least, I've seen random crits pop up on the individual hits, which must mean there's something in the code to flag each damage tick as a separate event. The power itself only has one attack roll per target, so the crit thing is tied to each damage tick. I don't know how easy (or not) it would be to code hit rolls for each damage event the power can do, instead of once for all damage events, but if crits can be coded for each event, maybe it's possible?

@Cutter

So many alts, so little time...