Microfilaments

Sakai

Trying to figure out why this particular Hami-O is 30+million. 

I see no instance when I would slot this in a travel power.  The flight bonus is less than a lvl 50 IO and End usage on travel powers seems minimal to me.  If Teleport was an option then sure.  

To the best of my knowledge  Hamis are rewarded  randomly so it can't be a scarcity thing.

I do have a vague recollection of buying one on Live but I have no idea why.

What am I missing?

Pretty much the only place I see these is in PvP builds where every little bit of performance matters and you're okay with spending 30+ million for 33.3% enhancement value instead of ~10 million (IO + boosters) for a 50+5 IO that gives 33.1% enhancement. Last spring/summer these could easily clear 100 million and were sitting at 130-150 million for a little while after the zone cap was put back on the Hive.

Edited by macskull
  • Thanks 2

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

On 11/19/2020 at 8:37 PM, Sakai said:

Trying to figure out why this particular Hami-O is 30+million. 

I see no instance when I would slot this in a travel power.  The flight bonus is less than a lvl 50 IO and End usage on travel powers seems minimal to me.  If Teleport was an option then sure. 

I've never slotted one, but I have come close, in the following circumstances:

1. On a Kinetics build, because I had slotted all the alternatives in assorted Kin-powers.
  2. On a character with a "combined" travel power (e.g. Sorcery's Mystic Flight which combines both Flight and Teleport) for a slight performance edge.

Since I discovered that it is possible to boost any of the Universal Travel set pieces (Blessing of the Zephyr, Winter's Gift) to 50+5 and have them work at any level (down to 7, I presume) and I am almost always using the Knockback protection piece, if I ever multi-slot a travel power it would almost certainly be to get a set bonus.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later

The place I've used them is in Swift, the Stamina inherent, because then it boosts both your Run and your Fly speed.  Swift doesn't take sets.  This is only for characters who have Hover or Fly, though, who can benefit by it, otherwise a Run Speed common IO is fine.  Its a small benefit, but for the true min-maxer/ebil marketeer, why not? 

• Like 1