Ranged Location Powers

Spectre7878

On 11/23/2020 at 9:09 PM, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

i /bind p beginchat /bind v targetcustomnext . make sure to leave a space after. i hit p, type the first few characters of what i'm looking for ('gene' for the itf generals is oddly satisfying) and hit enter. then i can spam v to find them. obviously you can use different keys but i find that's much easier than doing a macro or redoing a bind each time.

Wow, that's really nice use of both the targeting function and a clean "quick update" bind. 💥 

My only improvement would be something like use Ctrl+V to call the update string, and then V to search. Keep it on one easy to remember key.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

8 hours ago, Shenanigunner said:

Wow, that's really nice use of both the targeting function and a clean "quick update" bind. 💥 

My only improvement would be something like use Ctrl+V to call the update string, and then V to search. Keep it on one easy to remember key.

prolly wouldn't specifically want to use V then since you might want to use ctrl+v to paste a link or somesuch

8 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

prolly wouldn't specifically want to use V then since you might want to use ctrl+v to paste a link or somesuch

Er... good point. I rarely think of the few standard GUI keys when writing binds.

Documented (with credit) using keypad SUBTRACT and CTRL+SUBTRACT, which puts it right near the GABB default of using ADD as the general master targeting search or "radar."

Specifically:

/bind SUBTRACT "targetcustomnext base alive Sorc"
/bind CTRL+SUBTRACT "beginchat /bind SUBTRACT targetcustomnext base alive "

So Ctri+Subtract brings up the bind rewrite and Subtract fires it. I put Sorc[erer] as a loaded default but you don't have to.

Works GREAT for "Mysterious Gifts" if you're hunting Christmas gifts, too. 🙂

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com