New mechanics Transfusion doesn't heal if target defeated

Kai Moon

If a target is hit by Transfusion, but is defeated immediately afterward, Transfusion's visual and sound effects play, but there's no healing.

Steps to reproduce

1. Log in a high level character with Will Domination and Transfusion.

2. Stand next to a solo Hellions lieutenant in Prometheus Park, Atlas Park.

3. Target the Hellions lieutenant.

4. Use Will Domination, and immediately queue Transfusion while Will Domination is activating.

5. Make sure both powers hit. If either power missed, try again from step 2.

Expected result

Transfusion hits the target, then Will Domination defeats the target while Transfusion is animating. Transfusion's AoE heal still occurs, same as old pseudopet mechanics.

Actual result

Transfusion hits the target, then Will Domination defeats the target while Transfusion is animating. Transfusion's AoE heal visual and sound effects play, but no healing occurs. See screenshot.

transfusion-no-heal.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Oh no!

This defeat-failure is how it was on Live for -years,- and it was the number-one complaint I had with Kinetics; which was otherwise my favourite Support Set.

When I found that it had been fixed sometime between 2010 and 2019, I was ecstatic to finally have that long-standing issue dealt with!

The recent changes to Kinetics caused this old pain-in-the-ass to return?

We should test Transference too!   It used to be affected by the failure condition too back in the day.

I haven't tested here yet, but if memory serves (and full disclosure:   It rarely does), then Fulcrum Shift, Siphon Power, and Siphon Speed were all immune to this problem.   Or at least the player-character AoE portion of Fulcrum Shift was; as I typically used Fulcrum Shift at the start of a fight, it rarely had the opportunity to be cast on enemies which were in a state of being defeated.

Of course, the past is probably irrelevant to this current problem . . . so . . . gotta test!

Yep, I noticed this too, I played my kin/elec def on the Penelope Yin TF last night.  There were plenty of instances where transference and transfusion fired off and animated, but the target was dead by then (err, defeated) and so, no worky - just like the old days.  This makes me sad.