Bug with "up" in bind strings?

Shenanigunner

So yes, I of all people have a bind problem. ("Get looser underwear!")

Here are my flying binds:

BUTTON4 "autorun 1$$emote flypose1$$powexectoggleon Fly$$+up"
BUTTON5 "autorun 0$$powexectoggleoff Fly"

MouseChord "+up"

SPACE "+up$$autorun 0"

Y "powexecname Fly"

The two spare mouse buttons are supposed to put me into fly/forward/pose with one to two clicks, and then drop me out of fly and autorun with one. They work great EXCEPT that I invariably hit some obstacle in the first ten feet, which means I have to hit SPACE to jump over it, which breaks autorun. (Using MOUSECHORD doesn't always clear the snag, either.)

So I want to start the sequence with a jump ("Up up and away!") and then start flying/forward, hopefully missing the railing, trash can or fence in front of me.

Doesn't work.

That "+up" on the BUTTON4 bind is read as "++up" or "up 1" and I keep rising until I hit space (which again breaks autorun). I've fiddled around with various second keys so that I hit "Fly away now" and then "stop rising, dammit" but that's clumsy.

Short question: Why is "+up" toggling on up-ping in this string? Bug, or something I am missing about the command, the + modifier, or what?

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

I don't necessarily have an answer, but I have run across similar behavior, documented in this thread. My conclusion there was that any command that included a '+' modifier was best left as a single command, because a second coupled command ended up being executed once on key press, and again on key release. Of course there may be cases where that is desirable behavior but in the case noted in that thread it was not.

Yep, it's the combination of AUTORUN and UP in one string. Either by itself (or with other commands) works fine; combine them and +UP turns to ++UP.

Will submit a bug report. Maybe it's some easy parsing fix.

In the meantime, using a second command to cancel UP. Oh, well.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com