New Brutes To Try Out!

Mythcreatio

Hey All!

I've been thinking of creating a couple new brutes to run around with. Curious for any thoughts on the pairings:

Ele/Rad: I'm thinking AOE monster with LR + 2 mini nukes from rad. Not sure if this will work how I'm thinking though for some reason lol..

Fire/Shield: This seems like it would be a nice pairing for solid AOE and single target take downs.

Sav/Shield: Captain Nightcrawler?

Kin/Fire: Something super different..

Thank U GIF by MOODMAN

What about the new version of Energy Melee? I've heard people say it's really good and some even said OP. I have no idea as I haven't had a chance to check it out. Does anyone have comments or a build for EM? What would be your ideal secondary for the power?

Conversely, is Touch of Fear in Dark Melee really good? Does it make the set great? I've never been a fan of the set but haven't played it since Live.

Anyone?

I recently made a rad/elec tank and it looks fantastic. Love the animations. Its got verry good aoe, but the st isn't great. I only play in teams with my tank so I more then enough for me. Dunno if you wanna solo or teams. I you want I can post my build.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, TheBlueRaja2 said:

I would LOVE to see what people have come up with for Energy/Bio/???.

I was aiming for Energy/Bio/Mu but there are so great powers in both those sets I having trouble optimizing slots and/or which powers to drop. 

I made an energy/bio/mu brute on the beta server to test out the changes. I wanted to see if it would do better than the scrapper given it would get the full benefits of fury, whereas EM on scrappers doesn’t get the full benefits of criticals. 

It still hits very hard and is fun, but I decided that scrappers were still better.  This is okay though because scrappers generally do more damage anyway, but wanted to see if it would be different with the new EM. 

I’m pretty sure I have a mids build for it. I’ll post it when I can check.  

Edit: I can’t find the build for my brute so I will have to remake it at some point. So will be a while before I get back to it. 

Edited by Saikochoro

I have a plus'd out Savage/Shield. It's fun on a bun to play now, bouncing around the battle like a bloody pinball.
But man oh man was it ever a tough slog to get to 50. Without good set bonuses, it was almost unplayable. Low survivability and just brutal on the blue bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaHaBone said:

I have a plus'd out Savage/Shield. It's fun on a bun to play now, bouncing around the battle like a bloody pinball.
But man oh man was it ever a tough slog to get to 50. Without good set bonuses, it was almost unplayable. Low survivability and just brutal on the blue bar.

Build as you go. That's what I do. Slot with Attuned IOs (which are the same price on the market anyway) and you'll experience the joys of constant improvements. My Fire/Claws tank is level 34, hits capped S/L resistances with a couple of Follow Up applications (thanks to the Tank +Resist ATO) and 30% S/L/M defense. You can always augment with SOs too to get things to acceptable enhancement levels. 

My Ice/Ice scrapper was ridiculous at level 30, capable of out-surviving everyone else on the team cos I was already hitting def caps (plus Ice Patch). My Staff/EA Brute hit Godmode at level 35. 

I tend nowadays to make a level 50 build and a level 35 based off that where I strip slots out and use that as my guide and stepping stone to 50. 

• Like 1