Make enemy spawns related to zone event level agnostic

Normal Thomas

I was doing scrapyard several weeks ago and I thought the addition of strikers to the fray was cool but kind of meaningless on my lvl 50+1 Ice/Kin cause I could lay down a Blizzard and tear them to shreds cause they're 25+ levels lower than me. Similar thing with Deathsurge. What's the point of having like level 15 minions around him when level 50s are just going make them go poof in zero seconds? While I am aware some people like to spawn these to solo even they would appreciate more of a challenge I imagine.

Global Handle: @Future Force Warrior

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

While I think this works with some enemies that should scale with power throughout all levels (Rikti, Halloween monsters, etc), I don't think every spawn type needs to be able to challenge every character at any level.  strikers surrounding Scrapyard are ordinary (but tough) people and should be capped at an appropriate level.  If Superman showed up to deal with a powerful threat in Metropolis that rallied angry citizens around it, you wouldn't expect that those citizens are suddenly a match for Superman.

I would recommend that if you want to be challenged by the level-appropriate zone content, then join a team with someone lower level leading so that you are exemped down to that level.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Any kind of lore handwave you make for those you could make for most any of these Giant Monster encounters. Especially I would argue, the ones on the Rouge Isles cause they're almost all (Caleb, Scrapyard, Deathsurge) supernatural entities. Who is to say they aren't lending their strength to the gremlins, the miners, the spectral demons?

While one can experience content in a "level appropriate way" most people seem to run as level 50s. Even if they scale a bit you still got Incarnate powers and IOs to overwhelm the opposition. I'd just like it be more meaningful and interesting.

Level 50s: Operative Grantz (Pure Bane/Mace Mastery), Dr. Eisenfield (Gravity/Time/Mu), Air Liquide (Ice/Kin/Soul), Vantablack Stare (Illusion/Traps/Ice), Medic 2004 (Empathy/Energy/Soul)

All on Everlasting

4 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

Any kind of lore handwave you make for those you could make for most any of these Giant Monster encounters. Especially I would argue, the ones on the Rouge Isles cause they're almost all (Caleb, Scrapyard, Deathsurge) supernatural entities. Who is to say they aren't lending their strength to the gremlins, the miners, the spectral demons?

While one can experience content in a "level appropriate way" most people seem to run as level 50s. Even if they scale a bit you still got Incarnate powers and IOs to overwhelm the opposition. I'd just like it be more meaningful and interesting.

Meh, no thanks. I'd prefer for level progression to actually mean something. Other servers tried this and it was aweful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSmart said:

Sounds good for you a level 50 in a 25 zone, but how awful it would be for a level 25 who actually has good reason to be there to be swarmed by a flock of level 50 baddies?

They mean the enemies would con the same regardless of your level.

34 minutes ago, Monos King said:

They mean the enemies would con the same regardless of your level.

Right. So basically enemies related to a giant monster spawn would behave the same way as a giant monster.

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Giant_Monster#Vs._Your_Level

now as far as like the hellion arson, praetorian riots or troll raves... yeah keep those at their respective level. But like if Caleb or Jack in Irons summons minions why are they locked at 30 or 40 or whatever but the monster isn't?

Edited by Normal Thomas

All on Everlasting

10 hours ago, Normal Thomas said:

if Caleb or Jack in Irons summons minions why are they locked at 30 or 40 or whatever but the monster isn't?

Because the monster is the threat.  The rest is an inconvenience to the incarnates that show up to fight the monster.