I worry about the mental health of Paragons civilian population

Ejlertson

23 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I shall have to consider this with CoH.  My friends and I already do this at our occasional Halo game nights.  Not owning an Xbox with which to practice, I am the least dangerous among them, and jokingly go by the name "Gandhi".  Another uses the handle "A Small Child".  The game obliges us with statements like "A Small Child killed Gandhi", or occasionally "Gandhi killed A Small Child".

This is why, way back when Counter-Strike: Source was the go-to FPS for the local gaming community, my handle was "The Other Guy".

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, krj12 said:

I remember someone back on live with the name "A Pink Fluffy Bunny" ....  some of the npc chatter around "A Pink Fluffy Bunny" was hilarious.

I ma have teamed with that guy once!  He or she was farming through some high level map and inviting anyone who wanted to come stick around; I died a lot because I didn't want to just door-sit, but I wasn't even a 50 yet.  Their toon's name was iirc "a small bunny," and the chatter was indeed hilarious.  I think he told me all his toons were named on some variation of that.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

My main on Champion was "a little kitten". I loved doing the Frostfire mission, if only for the line, 'I was once like you, a little kitten.'

Of course, all the NPC chatter about my heroic and villainous deeds was fantastic. On Torch I currently have "a little spider" for my Arachnos Soldier, "a little girl" for my Stalker, and "a smiling god" for my Corruptor. "a little girl" is by far the one with the most humor potential, though "a little spider" is a very close second.

This thread has me hoping the "Free Guy" movie with Ryan Reynolds playing an eventually self-aware game NPC is entertaining.

Thanks for D-Sync Enhancements! Just wish things like Resist/End, Heal/End and Damage/Mez had a third stat that made them more viable. Suggestions - add Recharge to Ribosomes, Range to Golgis, and Slows to Peroxisomes. These changes would allow for an endurance cost/range, recharge/endurance, and slow/mez or slow/damage enhancements.

The anticipation has certainly been long enough to worry. (c.f. Ghostbusters: Afterlife)

But he has a pretty good track record...

OK, mute Wade in that X-men movie sucked. Green Lantern was... meh, but a certain couple of movies that hung a lampshade on both of them makes me think there's a better-than-even chance!

Fingers crossed.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)