a few MM Qs

rockroom

ill start off by saying my first 50 on live was a robotic/ff(currently in process of remaking for old time sake)

1) someone baby me through how to set up number pad keybinds... no idea how to i did it all by clicking on live...

2) whats a good follow up to r/ff dont mind combo love MM for a long time

3) someone explian to me how /kin works on MM.. does it boost my pets or just my attacks..and is it probly a best played in team only build??

4) this isnt a MM Q more of a i suffer from lag.. im on everlast and i get lag spikes.. would say transfers to touch who tends to have a healthy but less people on help??

5) agian non MM Q. i tend to farm atm using 2 accounts both with a lvl 50 and try and double up on inf by having a stalker afk as my rad/fire does all the work. this a good idea or should i just run my brute

5: If you're going to just have a useless character, then make a useful one and get an Illusion/Empath or someone else who you can set on Auto Follow, and target you with a spammed buff power that doesn't draw aggro but boosts damage. Fortitude (Empathy) and Forge (Thermal) both are good options.

3: AoE buffs like Kinetics will buff everyone in the area. Pets, you, and teammates are all included. Kinetics on MMs only works well with melee- oriented pets, and you probably want to run some of the sturdier pets since it's not one of the stronger defensive sets... this means avoid Ninjas. Beasts and Necro are both decent options, with Beasts being better.

2: Robots/FF are a weak combination, though solid defensively. A lot of others will feel stronger. I like Demons/Time and Thugs/Time as good options here, both are ranged so you're used to that, both are strong defensively so you're used to that, and Time is strong defensively so you're used to that. But Demons and Thugs are both a lot stronger offensively, so mobs will die a lot faster than you're used to.

Ty so much.. guess I gotta Power lvl and gear out a follower lol. Any boost is a good boost. Making it work with what I have to work with. 

Only reason for bot/ff is nostalgia. 

But up for any combo. Everyone says /time. My 50 I use as my 2nd in farms is a demon/time I just don't know a build.

Have a peek over at this thread:

Force Redux has a really nice breakdown on Time/Thugs. You can murder the hell out of just about anything with Time/Thugs - and he even has a cookie cutter build you can copy if you like. Although you can make some changes and maybe personalize it a bit once you hit 50.

Copy each of these four lines into chat one at a time and press enter:

/bind numpad0 "bind numpad4 petcomall agg$$bind numpad5 petcomall def$$bind numpad6 petcomall pass$$bind numpad7 petcomall att$$bind numpad8 petcomall fol$$bind numpad9 petcomall goto"  

/bind numpad1 "bind numpad4 petcompow batt agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow batt def$$bind numpad6 petcompow batt pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow batt att$$bind numpad8 petcompow batt fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow batt goto"

/bind numpad2 "bind numpad4 petcompow prot agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow prot def$$bind numpad6 petcompow prot pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow prot att$$bind numpad8 petcompow prot fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow prot goto"

/bind numpad3 "bind numpad4 petcompow assa agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow assa def$$bind numpad6 petcompow assa pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow assa att$$bind numpad8 petcompow assa fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow assa goto"

Now when you press:
0-1-2-3 you will select All-Minions-Lieutenants-Boss respectively.
4-5-6 will set the selected group's stance to Aggressive-Defensive-Passive respectively.
7-8-9 orders the selected group to Attack-Follow-Goto (with recticle) respectively.

That simple.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rockroom said:

ill start off by saying my first 50 on live was a robotic/ff(currently in process of remaking for old time sake)

1) someone baby me through how to set up number pad keybinds... no idea how to i did it all by clicking on live...

2) whats a good follow up to r/ff dont mind combo love MM for a long time

3) someone explian to me how /kin works on MM.. does it boost my pets or just my attacks..and is it probly a best played in team only build??

4) this isnt a MM Q more of a i suffer from lag.. im on everlast and i get lag spikes.. would say transfers to touch who tends to have a healthy but less people on help??

5) agian non MM Q. i tend to farm atm using 2 accounts both with a lvl 50 and try and double up on inf by having a stalker afk as my rad/fire does all the work. this a good idea or should i just run my brute

1) Here's all the binds you actually need functionally speaking

/bind q "petcom_all aggressive$$petcom_all goto"

/bind e "petcom_all defensive$$petcom_all goto"

/bind r "petcom_all defensive$$petcom_all follow

/bind mbutton "petcom_all attack"

/bind shift+mbutton "petcom_all stay"

That's literally it. Those are my binds for all my MMs and it works like gang busters. If the pets are in defensive, you input stay goto or follow orders, and you are in supremacy range, you're in bodyguard. Aggressive or passive stances or attack target orders remove bodyguard for all pets under those orders. Goto is awesome. Use it. Its behavior got modified by the homecoming devs to be functionally perfect. Pets stay within 30 feet of your goto pin and attack targets by priority of threat level > distance the enemy is from the goto pin. You can give orders while casting powers, pet commands are separate from power executions. Only mez, dead, or "only affecting self" stops you from ordering pets around. 

2) Thugs/traps, Thugs/Time, Thugs/Cold, Demons/Elec, Demons/Nature, Demons/Thermal are your best overall followups to thugs/ff. Similar survivability, more offensive or even stronger defensive depending on the set. 

3) Kin sucks for MMs with one sole exception. Kin buffs mostly do not benefit mm pets much, but Beast/Kin is an outlier because kin provides little defenses to your pets, but beasts can softcap themselves. In order to softcap themselves beasts have to sacrifice a damage buff and crits. Fulcrum shift from /kin more than compensates for the loss of damage and crits with a good build and so you can have your pets be both strong defensively and offensively. 

4) No idea. 

5) Dual box farming works better with 2 farmers than anything else. When I dual box I have a rad fire I play and a spines fire with burn on autocast following me around. Doubles up aggro I can maintain helping clear times, adds damage which helps clear times. 

1 hour ago, Deadlymantis said:

Copy each of these four lines into chat one at a time and press enter:

/bind numpad0 "bind numpad4 petcomall agg$$bind numpad5 petcomall def$$bind numpad6 petcomall pass$$bind numpad7 petcomall att$$bind numpad8 petcomall fol$$bind numpad9 petcomall goto"  

/bind numpad1 "bind numpad4 petcompow batt agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow batt def$$bind numpad6 petcompow batt pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow batt att$$bind numpad8 petcompow batt fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow batt goto"

/bind numpad2 "bind numpad4 petcompow prot agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow prot def$$bind numpad6 petcompow prot pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow prot att$$bind numpad8 petcompow prot fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow prot goto"

/bind numpad3 "bind numpad4 petcompow assa agg$$bind numpad5 petcompow assa def$$bind numpad6 petcompow assa pass$$bind numpad7 petcompow assa att$$bind numpad8 petcompow assa fol$$bind numpad9 petcompow assa goto"

Now when you press:
0-1-2-3 you will select All-Minions-Lieutenants-Boss respectively.
4-5-6 will set the selected group's stance to Aggressive-Defensive-Passive respectively.
7-8-9 orders the selected group to Attack-Follow-Goto (with recticle) respectively.

That simple.

Ty ty ty. When I get home I'll do that on all my like 6 MM I have going lol

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

33 minutes ago, Bleuz said:

Ty ty ty. When I get home I'll do that on all my like 6 MM I have going lol

Note that the binds I listed are for Robots only (hence the 'batt', 'prot' and 'assa' in the binds).  You can easily change them for the other pet sets though.  Just use unique words from the powernames.