City of Data v2.0

• 4 weeks later

Hey, Uber. Found a power from Marine Affinity that's doing weird stuff that your code isn't parsing correctly.

Rising Tide, from Marine Affinity says, in CoD, that the main target takes 20.8ish points of cold damage, and gets several buffs (see the second top-level effect group). Thing is, there's something in the actual power that makes it so that that damage is only taken by enemies. Heck, I don't have a Marine toon myself, so I'm not even sure that that damage is really taken by enemies, so... some new feature is likely getting used here, and isn't being parsed up properly.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

On 8/27/2024 at 9:40 PM, BillyMailman said:

Rising Tide, from Marine Affinity says, in CoD, that the main target takes 20.8ish points of cold damage, and gets several buffs (see the second top-level effect group). Thing is, there's something in the actual power that makes it so that that damage is only taken by enemies. Heck, I don't have a Marine toon myself, so I'm not even sure that that damage is really taken by enemies, so... some new feature is likely getting used here, and isn't being parsed up properly.

The child effect which applies the cold damage has conditional statements attached to it and they're being displayed at least for me when I look at the live site. This seems like the constraints you mention. Is this not visible for you?

image.thumb.png.69cc8e350dbff3b97a900c82715275fc.png

1 hour ago, UberGuy said:

The child effect which applies the cold damage has conditional statements attached to it and they're being displayed at least for me when I look at the live site.

I think it's this damage component that the OP is referring to?

image.thumb.png.fcb7b58ddf7a8f7885253177b8337eb3.png

The way that reads to me is "the main target gets both damaged and buffed"...

Yeah, what Maelwys said. The damage component partway down is marked correctly, but literally the very first overall effect says it damages the primary target, whether they're foe or friend or whatever. And then it also says it buffs them, too, even if they're an enemy. That's definitely not how the power actually works.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.