The annoyance of leveling on mission completion

DougGraves

When you level you heal and get buffs.  Sometimes that happens at just the right time.  But often, especially at low levels, that happens when you complete your mission and get the mission bonus.

Then you stand around an empty warehouse feeling super tough and wishing there was someone to fight.

• Haha 4

I remember when they added the change to leveling so that it not only buffed you extremely, but revived you if you had face planted. It's still one of my favorite add ons. 

And, I agree that it's a bit disappointing to hit a level right at the end of the mission, but that just reminds me of how great it is to even have that level change! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

Then you stand around an empty warehouse feeling super tough and wishing there was someone to fight.

I click the big, ugly blue button in the navigation window, the one labeled Exit Mission, and use the buffs to beat the shit out of things outside.  Makes more sense than letting the buffs, and thugs, expire without my intervention.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

6 minutes ago, Luminara said:

I click the big, ugly blue button in the navigation window, the one labeled Exit Mission, and use the buffs to beat the shit out of things outside.

...which provides limited entertainment when your level-thirty character has been sent to Atlas Park to investigate a Nemesis hideout. That solution is useful, but can be heavily situational.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougGraves said:

When you level you heal and get buffs.  Sometimes that happens at just the right time.  But often, especially at low levels, that happens when you complete your mission and get the mission bonus.

Those buffs last 60 seconds (longer for the mez protection). Exit the mission via any method and go beat up whatever you see first. I see others also complaining about being in a low level zone. That shouldn't matter. Beat up whatever you see first. If it is an XP thing (being over leveled for the zone and the denizens not providing the XP juice when you squeeze them), use your Long Range Teleport power to travel to a zone that has juicy mobs to thump for 55+ seconds. And I don't want to hear about how LRT can't get you to where you need to be because you (1) don't have a travel power or (2) haven't spent the time to find a single exploration badge. I've completely unlocked the entire LRT at level 2 just to prove it can be done and it is fairly easy, so that excuse won't fly. 

There is also a free power people can get from the P2W vendor (listed under utility iirc) that gifts you three medium to large inspirations on a not unreasonable timer. Use those on the regular and you won't care as much about the boon you get for leveling. 

Yeah... Whatever set of goons have the misfortune of being outside and nearest the door tend to have a really, really Bad Day when that happens to one of my characters. It doesn't even matter who or what they are. They're going to get flattened. It's just the principle of the thing.

• Like 2

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

2 hours ago, srmalloy said:

...which provides limited entertainment when your level-thirty character has been sent to Atlas Park to investigate a Nemesis hideout. That solution is useful, but can be heavily situational.

which is why i street hunt Atlas incarnated.  you take your time and pick your fights that way.

2 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Yeah... Whatever set of goons have the misfortune of being outside and nearest the door tend to have a really, really Bad Day when that happens to one of my characters. It doesn't even matter who or what they are. They're going to get flattened. It's just the principle of the thing.

"Best to stay away from a man when his blood's up, boyo."

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com