The Sewer Network: What might revitalize this?

Techwright

When I started up on Homecoming, I had no clue about DFB so I did a sewer network run with a friend and enjoyed it. It is something that's there and is useful.

However, it is in a weird spot. People that want to level have faster and easier ways to do it. People that want content will typically focus on mission lines and story. Right now, the sewer network really only offers a "it's there so I did it" idea.

Make a new enhancement set meant for lower level characters. Add some badge locations or AVs in the sewers. Now we, as lower characters, fight through the sewers and get rewarded an enhancement for each badge we find. Could be like a weaker version of the AT enhancements that expire at a certain lvl or something.

Everlasting
Light Star character series
Twink character series

5 hours ago, Snarky said:

So a badge you HAVE to get before you are 50 and no way to get after 50?  You have not thought this out have you?

Well, not for you Snarky The Great

Everyone else will enter the sewer, and become level one.  They will then arrest the required amount of villains - (or maybe make it a level requirement.  Attain 8 or 10 levels in the sewers, and get the badge) - they will then be awarded the badge.

You however, wont.  No matter what you do, you'll never get it.

You'll sit in your room and cry about how its not fair.  You'll have temper tantrums.  You'll beg and plead.  Probably even quit.....for about an hour. 

You'll keep trying to make new toons.  Even on different computers in different countries.  All to no avail. 

Somehow the Devs have found a way to punish you. For no matter how hard you try, you'll always have 1 less badge than everyone else.

Any thing else you need clarification on ?

Edited by Ghost

Any way to tie in that nugget about the Lost, whose origin is based on something deep beneath? Or has that already been done? Thinking a Lost arc with doors in the sewers.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

22 hours ago, Greycat said:

Part of the reason for sewer runs was leveling. The live devs then dropped DFB on us, which became the lowbie "PL" of choice, especially with a hospital and trainer *right there.* Other than badge hunting and nostalgia, there's not reason to go there now.

Unlike the hazard zones, I can't see putting "missions" down there (granted, we have sewer missions a-plenty...) and it's no longer really a "shortcut" (not that it ever *was,* granted) between zones.

Short of a (rather tongue in cheek) "Stop the Blockage" event, which floods the streets if not completed, I can't think of a good thing to put down there to encourage people to venture back in. People complain about the Perez maze, and the sewers are a bit more tedious.

I agree.  The sewers had their day in the sun and now they are what they are.

• Like 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

20 hours ago, Ghost said:

Simple

Make a badge that can only be achieved by arresting x-amount of villains in the sewer system.  

Oh yeah, put a level restriction on it so 50's dont just go stomping through. 

yeeeeah no. If it's a defeat badge, then it should be available to everyone regardless of level.

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

Well, not for you Snarky The Great

Everyone else will enter the sewer, and become level one.  They will then arrest the required amount of villains - (or maybe make it a level requirement.  Attain 8 or 10 levels in the sewers, and get the badge) - they will then be awarded the badge.

You however, wont.  No matter what you do, you'll never get it.

You'll sit in your room and cry about how its not fair.  You'll have temper tantrums.  You'll beg and plead.  Probably even quit.....for about an hour. 

You'll keep trying to make new toons.  Even on different computers in different countries.  All to no avail. 

Somehow the Devs have found a way to punish you. For no matter how hard you try, you'll always have 1 less badge than everyone else.

Any thing else you need clarification on ?

Too much work for just a badge. I'd rather they use level restricting tech like that for something more important than the sewers.

4 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

Too much work for just a badge. I'd rather they use level restricting tech like that for something more important than the sewers.

I agree - was just offering up a way to get people to run sewers again 

4 hours ago, golstat2003 said:

yeeeeah no. If it's a defeat badge, then it should be available to everyone regardless of level.

The idea was to keep high level toons from just running amok, and get low levels toons to enjoy sewer runs again 

On 2/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, Greycat said:

Short of a (rather tongue in cheek) "Stop the Blockage" event, which floods the streets if not completed,

On 2/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, Snarky said:

Third, Maybe do something about the toxic waste all the mad scientists keep dumping down into the sewers.  We all know that cannot end well.

Drain Cleaner

Hero! We have an emergency! We've received a panicked radio message from city sewer workers who were attempting to dislodge a giant fatberg. The fatberg suddenly came to life! Now it has them trapped, and this sentient blob is threatening to completely clog the sewer system! Please, you must defeat Fatbergenstein, and rescue the workers from a horrible fate!

Clean the drains!

Talk about what else is going on

Edited by RikOz

I think the easy way would be to code in better the enemies you face and their level changed as you go through the sewers, as well as sprinkling in a few trainers and vendors along the way. 

It always sucked to work your way down into the sewers then suddenly you've past the good spot and are back at the lvl 1 crap basically bringing an end to the sewers run so everyone just trains all the grey mobs to kings row zone line. 

• Like 1