MIDs needs its own forum section

MsSmart

Hi:

MIDs Reborn is such a tremendous tool that for myself it is an integral tool in the game.

I have comments and recommendations for MIDs but there is no place to actually post them, outside of one filled with all kinds of conversation which is not conductive for improvements.

I see the section, having a section on how to load MIDS in your computer, to include tutorials on its use

I see a second section dedicated for GUI improvements

and Lastly another section to report MID errors

In that vein...

I have a suggestion, in MIDs you can see your defense, resistance values as you build your alt, it would be nice if you could click the line item, say Psionic Resistance, and be able to have another window showing you what powers/IOS contributed to that score

I have a bug report, the Stone Armor Mud Pots description says it can use a number of enhancements to include Taunts; but Taunt is not included in the IO sets allowable. MIDs does not recognize this subtle difference and lets you put in Mud Pots Taunt IOs such as perfect Zingers, which the real game does not.

Hugs

Sue

20 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

I have comments and recommendations for MIDs but there is no place to actually post them

Try the Mids Reborn Hero Designer forum - a subforum off of the Tools, Utilities, and Downloads forum.

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/forum/74-forum/

Edited by Doc_Scorpion
  • Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

14 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

Would be more practical is the MIDs was not a sub forum, but a main tab, the subforum as you kindly pointed out, it is not readily discoverable by players new to the forums, game and mids; it pre-assumes some knowledge to be found.

hugs Sue

Edited by MsSmart

3 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Would be more practical is the MIDs was not a sub forum, but a main tab, the subforum as you kindly pointed out, it is not readily discoverable by players new to the forums, game and mids; it pre-assumes some knowledge to be found.

hugs Sue

But...it has Own Club with a separate forum...

Using the "Search" function that like 90% of the internet has (per site) would easily bring it up.

Edited by WanderingAries
  • Like 3

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

7 hours ago, MsSmart said:

hugs Sue

The link to the club subforum is already there on the front page, right under the link to Tools, Utilities and Downloads.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

30 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

The link to the club subforum is already there on the front page, right under the link to Tools, Utilities and Downloads.

That information helps... Of course, onnce more pre-assumes, I know to look under all those options and voila, I am there.

As I said, would be nice...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MsSmart said:

Of course, onnce more pre-assumes, I know to look under all those options and voila, I am there.

It is quite reasonable to assume that someone would scan the list of available forums to see if a given one exists.  After all, that's how you found this forum.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

7 hours ago, MsSmart said:

That information helps... Of course, onnce more pre-assumes, I know to look under all those options and voila, I am there.

We offer advice to anyone who asks about it, normally.  Anyone who doesn't know what it is should be able to stumble across it quickly enough.  I know I did.  I think things are working out well enough already that we don't need to put a big red flasher on it.

Tim "Black Scorpion" Sweeney: Matt (Posi) used to say that players would find the shortest path to the rewards even if it was a completely terrible play experience that would push them away from the game...

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝