Ability to Attune an IO that isn't slotted

You can kinda do this by selling them on the market and then buying back the attuned versions. It feeds and subtracts from the same pool. It's not perfect as you have to get someone to buy yours and then use that funding and possibly more to repurchase them but at least then you don't need to slot and unslot them.

IIRC, this was done deliberately as an inf sink -- you either did it yourself, or you had to use unslotters to get the attuned/superior IO back. Before the attuned/regular IOs in the AH were pooled by HC, this bumped up the cost of attuned IOs relative to the regular IOs.

• Like 1

There's a whole cottage industry in the AH about buying ATOs and catalysts, superiorizng them, unslotting them, and selling for a profit.  I don't partake, but plenty of others do.

My basic question I have for stuff on the suggestions forum is:  "Will this make everyone's playing experience better?"

So, I'm not a fan of this particular suggestion because I don't think it would.

• Like 1

Who run Bartertown?

5 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

IIRC, this was done deliberately as an inf sink -- you either did it yourself, or you had to use unslotters to get the attuned/superior IO back. Before the attuned/regular IOs in the AH were pooled by HC, this bumped up the cost of attuned IOs relative to the regular IOs.

Makes sense, and I don’t even mind paying for it if there was a mechanic to take my money.  It would just speed things up a little bit

Just now, Yomo Kimyata said:

There's a whole cottage industry in the AH about buying ATOs and catalysts, superiorizng them, unslotting them, and selling for a profit.  I don't partake, but plenty of others do.

My basic question I have for stuff on the suggestions forum is:  "Will this make everyone's playing experience better?"

So, I'm not a fan of this particular suggestion because I don't think it would.

I don’t align with that motto, because rarely does everyone agree on everything, in my view it’s more of a situation like do no harm. You will make some people, hopefully most happy, and if the rest are in different then that’s a win. I don’t sell anything attuned myself, but I do use the market when I feel the need. I tend to use one or two characters as my piggy bank, and I do most of my crafting, pack buying etc. with those characters. Then I just sort of spread the wealth amongst my characters. Some of the winter sets for example, I don’t have slotted on that character so I can’t easily slide it in and out. I’m just looking for convenience more than anything else. I am perfectly happy with a cost involved, my time is worth more than influence.

I don't think I'm against the suggestion on its face, especially if there's a cost there - maybe check the AH for a catalyst if you don't have one, or take the one you have, and charge a service fee. I'm just not sure mechanically how it would work, given it currently uses the enhancement combining screen (itself an annoyance... and bypassed now with the 'upgrade' button. Which does charge.)

Maybe through an NPC? Though there's the risk of losing the original IO, potentially, there, since it's no longer in your inventory and if you happen to disconnect, well...

Still not particularly fond of certain segments of this community.

2 hours ago, Incursion said:

I don’t align with that motto, because rarely does everyone agree on everything, in my view it’s more of a situation like do no harm. You will make some people, hopefully most happy, and if the rest are in different then that’s a win. I don’t sell anything attuned myself, but I do use the market when I feel the need. I tend to use one or two characters as my piggy bank, and I do most of my crafting, pack buying etc. with those characters. Then I just sort of spread the wealth amongst my characters. Some of the winter sets for example, I don’t have slotted on that character so I can’t easily slide it in and out. I’m just looking for convenience more than anything else. I am perfectly happy with a cost involved, my time is worth more than influence.

I'm not asking for 100% agreement.  I'm asking if it will hurt anyone's playing experience, no matter how much it would help yours personally.  I believe it would.  Ergo, nerp.

Who run Bartertown?

7 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I'm not asking for 100% agreement.  I'm asking if it will hurt anyone's playing experience, no matter how much it would help yours personally.  I believe it would.  Ergo, nerp.

Hurts their experience? How? Just making it less clunky then slot enhancement, catalyze, unslot, move to another character, base storage which has zero cost, or sell. The only thing more annoying when it comes to slots is plus 5ing one at a time. But whatever I guess. 

I truly support this suggestion

Yet I would like to add the Boosters to it as well.

I am a member of a large SG in Everlasting, as one of the officers I try to keep a stock of enhancements, materials, and inspirations for our lower leveled and less affluent members in our SG.

It seems like a waste of influence to have to use an enhancement unslotter, put the new enhancement to be optimized, use another unslotter, then place back my original enhancement back. Its tedious, and simply not necessary, a better GUI to do this would be very welcome on my part.

There are of course band-aide fixes, but then again, by definition they are suboptimal. Using the AH for the free transform, the problem is the idiotic tax system of AH, and the inability to ensure you buy your own IO without becoming even a greater victim of the IO tax system. 

I don't think, doing the charity enhancement practice to help guildies should be punished in such fashion. Would suggest a particular IO enhancement crafting table would be a nice way in executing this suggestion

Sue

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

What I see happening if it is put into effect is that the regular ATOs would disappear from the AH because it would become possible for someone to obtain an ATO, either from a Super Pack or the AH, and make it Superior regardless of whether they were the right AT to slot it, which could then be listed on the AH for a much higher price. Creating a new way to flip enhancements that does nothing but raise the cost for people who don't buy the Super Packs.

11 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

What I see happening if it is put into effect is that the regular ATOs would disappear from the AH because it would become possible for someone to obtain an ATO, either from a Super Pack or the AH, and make it Superior regardless of whether they were the right AT to slot it, which could then be listed on the AH for a much higher price. Creating a new way to flip enhancements that does nothing but raise the cost for people who don't buy the Super Packs.

Truth be told, I never knew until I read the comments here that you can convert standard ATO‘s to the superior version using the market. I always thought they were two different stacks. Perhaps implementing some sort of mechanical feature to boost and a tune your enhancements, the stacks can be separate. To me that makes more sense than having the market gimmick convert these for you. Attuned enhancements should go for 1 to 2,000,000 more than lower version as the catalyzing has cost. 

Edited by Incursion

1 minute ago, Incursion said:

Truth be told, I never knew till I read the comments here that you can convert standard ATO‘s to the superior version using the market.

You can convert set IOs from regular to attuned via the market, because they're using the same pool of resources -- if you check the prices, they're the same for both the regular and attuned versions. For ATOs and WinterOs, though, the prices are different between the regular and Superior versions, and the number available seems to be different between the two.

1 minute ago, srmalloy said:

You can convert set IOs from regular to attuned via the market, because they're using the same pool of resources -- if you check the prices, they're the same for both the regular and attuned versions. For ATOs and WinterOs, though, the prices are different between the regular and Superior versions, and the number available seems to be different between the two.

I really had no idea. I have been doing super packs. Slotting, attuning and removing/using. In retrospect, now at least I understand why when I removed some I/O sets from one character the other day that were attuned, and sold them on the market because I didn’t need them any longer, they went for the same price as the standard ones. I was actually a little bit surprised, but just figured oh well people are bidding frugally and that was that. I didn’t realize I was literally wasting money by selling them attuned