Mandalorian "Power Suit" style Power Pool

Herotu

Let's be honest, this is an UNREALISTIC SUGGESTION. I'm just putting it here because I think it's cool and I'm desperate for Likes or something. 

The powers would be something like;

1. Jetpack. A Hover clone.

2. Rocket Punch - "borrowed" from SWTOR. An uppercut that leaps high into the air with the follow-through.

3. Wrist Flamethrower.

4. Whistling Birds - Combine /point animation with Bullet Rain from Dual Pistols.

5. Back Rocket - Energy Nova animation with Atomic's nova explosion at target, and ... some rocket thing ... look I don't know how to do it, ok?!

[edit] below is a late addition, extra abilities that I didn't think of;

Jet Charge - similar to one of the teleport-to-enemy and deal damage, but instead you hurtle towards them using a jetpack, using the force of the impact to do damage.

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

1. jetpack is easily done.

2. rocket punch can be cloned from street justice

3. flamethrower cloned from assault rifle or the fire breath from fire blast

4. whistling birds? I kind of feel like the rain of bullets from dual pistols would look similar to this.

5. I forgot what back rocket looked like in SWTOR. I would have to log in to my powertech, which I haven't played in 3 years to remind myself.

6. What about the wrist cable grapple thing?

7. Superheated fuel? Maybe the oil slick from Trick Arrow?

8. Rail shot? My powertech used this all the time. Some type of sniper shot? Maybe Blazing Bolt, just recolored?

9. Sonic missile? This was the taunt right?

This would be an interesting concept of a skill set mixed with both offense and defense. Add in some energy or electrical armor ability or Body Armor from munitions.

Now that I think on it, it is beginning to feel like a set made up of the Munitions Mastery ancillary power pool.

8 hours ago, Tyrannical said:

That;s nice. I think it's a shame they put drone on two powers there. I feel like those would be more appropriate in something that uses a pet, rather than gadgets.

It has become more obvious (thanks to the contributions of all the participants in this thread) that there are so many possible Gadgets that a single 5-power pool power power set power power set is rather small. 

Perhaps it's time for Gadgets to graduate to a full set of it's own? 

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Then people will complain that they want their magic-using character to be able to use it without it looking technological.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

5 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Then people will complain that they want their magic-using character to be able to use it without it looking technological.

That would be a valid complaint, but it doesn't seem clear as to what exactly you are referring.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Herotu said:

That would be a valid complaint, but it doesn't seem clear as to what exactly you are referring.

I was referring to people who would be made unhappy about it, simple enough, but also somewhat tongue in cheek.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

The missile attack animations from the Kronos Titans & IDF Heavy Troopers would be a cool way of implementing whistling birds. I'm getting that idea from the shoulder missiles that Iron Man used in the first movie. 

The main challenge I see with a set like this is cosmetics. Your character would have to have some kind of tech-themed costume or a costume piece would have to be added during the animation. Sorcery doesn't have this issue as the animations are all external, magic, glowie stuff.