Fold, Spindle, Mutilate

Snarky

We have had the Fold Space power for a little while now. How is it going?

As a Dark/Dark Brute I do not have it.  I have been the beneficiary when a practiced player puts all the mobs on my head and I can use Soul Drain and all my PBAoE to wreak havoc without having to work hard.  I have activated Soul Drain in a sweet mob of 6-10 and watched them disappear before the animation and my next fat 30 second buff go to diddly squat.  

One question comes to mind, are mobs that are Held or Immob Folded?  I am guessing yes?

What are your experiences, gripes and praises?  Have you discovered cool and interesting ways to use it?

For someone who advocated Tankers having Taunt reworked into what basically Fold Space is you might think I would have been all over it.

But no. I need to pick two useless powers to get Fold Space. No build of mine has three spare powers.

Maybe if I took Teleport as my trav-.. eeh eh... hehehehe... HAHAHA!

...no.

So I can only watch enviously as others get to use it.

• Haha 1

I am curious as well as I normally play a tanker but do not like teleport.  So I haven't tried it.  But having been on another team today where the dominator opened every fight with an AoE immobilize (and then was killed half the time) being able to pull immobilized foes would be amazing.

• Haha 1

I have it on several characters.

The one that works best so far, is on my Kin/Sonic Defender.

I most frequently use it on MSR Raids. It can be hugely beneficial to the entire raid. Used badly, it can do very little, or even be a problem.

I believe many, but not all, controlled mobs can be folded, and they may bring their controlled status with them.

Fold Space itself applies a strong, 15-second duration teleport resist to the mobs it hits, so if more than one player is using it, they can interfere with each other.  However, in the MSR, they can, for example, work opposite sides of the bowl to great effect. Or one can be constantly bringing mobs down off the ramp closer to the bowl, and the other piling them into the center for orderly and efficient "arresting".

Fold space, and other teleport powers, won't generally teleport high level Bosses and EB's, but using an Ultimate inspiration can level shift the caster high enough to have a good chance at them. This is expensive, and may not work for everyone depending on how wealthy one is. Perhaps anyone could use them for specific situations, not all the time.

Fold space is also 1.00x accuracy, and will miss a lot if it isn't slotted for more, of if the caster doesn't have global to-hit and accuracy from buffs, sets or incarnate powers.

My character went in on the teleport pool as part of the concept, and it works well. I have combat teleport bound to a single key, so that when one of the pullers calls out incoming Rikti, I can instantly jump to them and cast a fold space to help finish bringing those mobs in close -- otherwise the mobs will sit at range and not come all the way into the bowl. Fold Space solves that, easily. Then, as a Kin/Sonic I can lay down Fulcrum Shift on the mass of mobs and then use my secondary's nuke or incarnate judgment on them. 

I do have hover and fly anyway, because they're so generally useful.

Fold Space is also useful inside missions and Task Forces, but one has to think strategically for where and when it helps and doesn't cause problems, and watch for other users, as well as Warshades and Gravity Controllers with Wormhole. Work considerately, and it's great.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1