The new Draw-In mechanic to Singularity

kelika2

Post ideas for it:

Force Bubble revamp, targeted AoE.  Enemies keep getting pulled in and force field can animate to shrinking, maybe multiple bubbles repeating the shrinking animation.  enemies caught inside suffer -tohit because they are trying to fire outwards.  Dont like this idea?  use Detention Field instead.  Name works, 99.9% useless ability gets a revamp

Hurricane renamed to Eye of the Fuck Staff has this, instead of repel, it pulls inwards to you

Black Hole, instead of intangibidadable it starts living up to its name.  -slow/snare attributed to it because its a damn black hole

Dimension Shift (which is not gravity like at all) can be renamed to Center of Gravity and functions as Black Hole, but because of Gravity Controls lack of -kb on its AoE Immobilize, itll come out on top of Dark Miasma

Increase Density, revamped to a single target buff.  keeps the resist i got bored typing this, post your ideas.

• Sad 1

Much as I hate hurricane, it's a playstyle, and a good one for those who use it.

It seems to me, a lot of these are already fixed the the KB->KD enhances, and Multiple Builds are also a thing. Make a build for soloing or for KB teams, and another for when people frown at you for the knockback.

I've never taken Black Hole, but I might if it did a slowly drawing in effect. Bu again, there's probably someone, maybe quite a few people, out there who likes it the way it is. Don't wreck their world. What if there were two variants of the power accessible via (optional) pop-up tray?

I like Increase Density the way it is.

Gravity Control > Singularity

• Singularity will now slowly pull enemies towards it, allowing it to make much greater use of the Repel effect

While the old effect counteracts the new effect.

Just because the mechanic exists, doesn't mean its ever going to be used by itself.  Itself isn't even that useful on the pet, its more like flavor text and effect to justify the repel which is 6 magnitude.  

Gravity really needs a single power, pulls the target in....then punches it back out.  Like Ki Push for the blaster secondary, but twice as much ragdoll effect!

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

17 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Hurricane renamed to Eye of the Fuck Staff

Eye of the Fuck Staff, a great name indeed!

17 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Increase Density, revamped to a single target buff.

It already IS both a single target and ao buff, but only the actual target gets the -stun and kb resist (or some combo of that).

18 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Post ideas for it:

Force Bubble revamp, targeted AoE.  Enemies keep getting pulled in and force field can animate to shrinking, maybe multiple bubbles repeating the shrinking animation.  enemies caught inside suffer -tohit because they are trying to fire outwards.  Dont like this idea?  use Detention Field instead.  Name works, 99.9% useless ability gets a revamp

Absolutely not. Don't like how I use my abilities? Kick me. I don't play the game for your entertainment. 

I even say that as someone who doesn't use knockback-oriented characters.

Let people play and enjoy the things that they want to. They make dedicated characters to these powers. It's not fair to take that away from them.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Zeraphia said:

Absolutely not. Don't like how I use my abilities? Kick me. I don't play the game for your entertainment. 

I even say that as someone who doesn't use knockback-oriented characters.

Let people play and enjoy the things that they want to. They make dedicated characters to these powers. It's not fair to take that away from them.

Did you reply to the right person?

I think when the Devs state that it makes Repel more useful I think they mean as a Devkit Function.

As in something they can apply to -new- powersets. Like Wind Control, for example. Or some sort of Gravity Melee that allows you to yank people into melee with you by making a massively strong -Repel or +Draw effect (how ever it gets phrased).

That said... It -would- be a pretty cool increase in functionality for powers like Black Hole or Telekinesis. I think it'd be amazing to have a TK Popup Tray for Mind Controllers to choose whether to draw TK enemies closer or push them away by activating a secondary toggle which makes the power's function swap!

23 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

That said... It -would- be a pretty cool increase in functionality for powers like Black Hole or Telekinesis. I think it'd be amazing to have a TK Popup Tray for Mind Controllers to choose whether to draw TK enemies closer or push them away by activating a secondary toggle which makes the power's function swap!

So something like turning Telekinesis on pulls things twards you, but the popup tray toggle has a greater +repel vs the -repel?

I could see giving maybe one of those powers a rework or alternate power choice but certainly not all at once.

Storm summoning is plenty strong and doesn't need extra incentive for herd and burn parties.

Dark miasma is also relatively powerful on teams and solo.

Gravity control already has a "herd and burn" power in Wormhole.

One might make the argument for FF if only because it has some redundancy with repulsion field and force bubble. You might be able to make force bubble into a temp toggle target area collapsing field if you alter repulsion field with the same functionality as force bubble somehow while keeping it's same functionality... Like maybe give the reworked power the short range repel/kb effect while you have PFF active and the force bubble effect when you don't.