Vote: What do you want the new Stealth be called: Stealth or Invisibility?

Bopper

• Stealth sounds like the player is working hard and being unseen is their reward,
  • Invisibility sounds like cheatmode. 

My vote is therefore for;

INVISIBILITY

Edited by Herotu

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:12 PM, Zepp said:

Infiltration has Super Speed level stealth... but for movement it stacks with Sprint, and has jump speed (CJ has minimal jump speed bonus and about 29% the jump height modification of Infiltration).

Super Speed can be used with other stealth powers, and its stealth stacks with the stealth from them. Infiltration should be treated the same way - as it is now a travel power that has stealth, rather than a primarily stealth power. If it was allowed to stack it would be no different than allowing Super Speed's stealth to stack with other forms; as it is treating it as a stealth power causes it to detoggle too many other powers that are more useful, and its movement effects can be had elsewhere without that drawback.

Given that stealth IOs and Super Speed are available and the stealth from each stacks with any stealth power, I don't see the harm in getting rid of stealth mutual exclusivity altogether (no pun intended), but that's a different discussion than just treating the travel power Infiltration (because it's certainly treated that way for it's movement effects) as a travel power instead of a stealth power.

As for the name, this isn't even the right thread for the vote but I don't see why it shouldn't remain Stealth. The term stealth covers more options than invisibility does, and invisibility is a form of stealth.

2 hours ago, siolfir said:

Super Speed can be used with other stealth powers, and its stealth stacks with the stealth from them. Infiltration should be treated the same way - as it is now a travel power that has stealth, rather than a primarily stealth power. If it was allowed to stack it would be no different than allowing Super Speed's stealth to stack with other forms; as it is treating it as a stealth power causes it to detoggle too many other powers that are more useful, and its movement effects can be had elsewhere without that drawback.

Given that stealth IOs and Super Speed are available and the stealth from each stacks with any stealth power, I don't see the harm in getting rid of stealth mutual exclusivity altogether (no pun intended), but that's a different discussion than just treating the travel power Infiltration (because it's certainly treated that way for it's movement effects) as a travel power instead of a stealth power.

I would say, if Infiltration remains as a travel power that it needs to have the non-stacking effect removed. I also wouldn't object to allowing stacking (or at least non-stealth effect stacking) from all stealth powers.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation