'Invincible' another Amazon comic to TV adaptation

I'm liking it, even though it seems a bit too derivative of The Boys.  It also throws in a bit of the later seasons of Venture Brothers, but without the comedy.  There's also a bit of Spider-Man in there, with the teen protagonist coming to grips with being a super-hero.  I won't go much further than that.  As an animated series that's a bit more mature than the usual super-hero animated series, it's pretty good.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

I thought the subway scene took a few too many liberties with the laws of physics but, overall, I quite enjoyed this season. It might help that I never read the comics (which debuted four years before The Boys) but the comments I've read from those who did suggest this is a good adaptation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ulysses Dare said:

I thought the subway scene took a few too many liberties with the laws of physics but, overall, I quite enjoyed this season. It might help that I never read the comics (which debuted four years before The Boys) but the comments I've read from those who did suggest this is a good adaptation.

I've made it two episodes in - I was really surprised for the spoiler scene...

Spoiler

where Omni-Man kills all the Guardians. Like DAMN what a scene! When you watch Justice League and Justice League Unlimited growing up, you know that Batman is just a human and that the Flash can break his legs, etc. but when you see it happen to the characters in this universe, your like - wow that is what should really happen.

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

The character that has grown on me the most in the series is....

Spoiler

Cecil.  Scarred, balding head of a secretive government agency, and he's as much of a good guy as anyone is in the series.  Yeah, he messes around with mad science, but he isn't the one who plans on betraying Earth or seizing power, he's just doing his best the only way he knows how.  This struck me as a breath of fresh air; you get so used to paranoid themes in entertainment that it's genuinely surprising when they give you these visual clues and then make all of that into misdirection. 

Then again I haven't read the comics and maybe this is not how it plays out. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

4 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

How about the voice actors! 

Man what a cast.

I'll watch/listen to anything with J.K. Simmons.  He's a great actor with an awesome voice.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

• 9 months later

I enjoyed everything, and I'm looking forward to the second season coming out. However, I do not know how to do this since my tablet broke, and now I can only watch everything on TV, but I do not have Internet access. I was advised to buy iptv online to watch everything I want on the TV until I fix my tablet, but I do not know how fast they can do it. I'm thinking of calling them one of these days and finding out everything. If you have any ideas or advice about this, I will be glad to listen to you

Edited by rhettsalloum
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/1/2021 at 5:24 PM, Rathulfr said:

I'm liking it, even though it seems a bit too derivative of The Boys.  It also throws in a bit of the later seasons of Venture Brothers, but without the comedy.  There's also a bit of Spider-Man in there, with the teen protagonist coming to grips with being a super-hero.  I won't go much further than that.  As an animated series that's a bit more mature than the usual super-hero animated series, it's pretty good.

Invincible pre-dates The Boys by about 3 years.
And Invincible is quite faithful to the original comic.
The guys doing the series are real fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 2/21/2022 at 6:21 AM, Hyperstrike said:

Invincible pre-dates The Boys by about 3 years.
And Invincible is quite faithful to the original comic.
The guys doing the series are real fans.

Irony being TV version of The Boys is not really all that faithful an adaption.  

• Like 1

• 5 months later

I thought it was well done and my friends who weren't familiar with the source material crapped themselves on several occasions because they couldn't believe what they were seeing.  Then said they wanted to check out the material.  So if it gets eyes on the material its a win for all.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

On 2/24/2022 at 4:42 AM, Hyperstrike said:

Probably about as faithful as it could be without being killed off as a series.

The Boys did the Herogasm episode.

They... did that.

Spoiler

Yeah.

Hmm.

And still got renewed for S4.

And I, for one, am never eating calamari again.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND... HEY, GET YOUR OWN DAMN SIGNATURE.

Look out for me being generally cool, stylish and funny (delete as applicable) on Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later
On 8/2/2022 at 2:19 PM, ThaOGDreamWeaver said:

The Boys did the Herogasm episode.

They... did that.

Hide contents

Yeah.

Hmm.

And still got renewed for S4.

And I, for one, am never eating calamari again.

Yeah.  I'm shocked it was allowed.  And I'm proud as hell that they just WENT FOR IT.

3 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Did season 2 come out yet??

Invincible?  No.

The Boys?  S3 just came out.  And apparently S4 is in the offing.

Spoiler

As it were...

71220958_screen-shot-2022-06-03-at-1-26-13-pm-16542772881.thumb.png.0f21cff9e33ca38c24d5713551dd8189.png

Edited by Hyperstrike
  • Like 1