[Base Editing] Ability to rotate the entrance/exit's spawn direction

Hopefully that was a clear title. Basically, as some have recently posted about, there doesn't seem to be a simple way to rotate the entrance portal in such a way that someone spawning will be aimed a different direction. In-game I'm told that it seems to be locked a particular direction (south?), but I can't seem to find a hint as to what direction I'm facing. Well, except for maybe my character's nav display?

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

there doesn't seem to be a simple way to rotate the entrance portal in such a way that someone spawning will be aimed a different direction.

Exiting from the Base Portal (inside or outside the Base) is a RANDOM radial direction.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

there doesn't seem to be a simple way to rotate the entrance portal in such a way that someone spawning will be aimed a different direction.

Exiting from the Base Portal (inside or outside the Base) is a RANDOM radial direction.

Really?  Because it's been pretty consistent for me.

There must be some kind of directionality to it, because the base portal in RWZ is tucked next to a wall... and I almost never run into it when I enter the RWZ.

Also, I remember back in the days of desk stacking that the desks almost always came out facing the same direction.  In order to "break" them, you had to make sure they were facing east (which usually required a spin).  Then you had to spin them some more (hold & spin, set down, repeat x2).

I dunno, but it seems to me that some kind of directionality is in play here.

Then I truly am the bane of murphy's law because it ALWAYS spits you out the same direction in any base I enter.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Actually, it's not. I was annoyed that I was always coming into my base and getting stuck into a corner where I'd have to go around the portal to get to the rest of the base. I alreadykknew that you can move the base portal, so I went into base edit mode, selected the entry portal, then rotated it, exited the base, reentered, and checked which way I was facing. I originally did it in the wrong direction, which meant I needed two more quarter turns to align it the way I wanted it.