Shiny Metallic Skin?

ceto555

Hi folks,

I made myself a Collosus from X-men type char, but I want to make his skin as shiny and metallic as possible. I was told to look under metallic in char creator. When I look at skin colors there is nothing that really comes close. If anyone knows how to do it much better, can some kind person please give me detailed instructions on how to do it?

Thanks!

I was looking for something like this at some point, but I think I was looking for an energy skin at the time.

There is a metallic face, but it is more robotic looking than I think you are looking for.

I think the closest  you can get is a gray skin tone.

Edited by UltraAlt

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

For upper body choose "Tight" as the first option, then under "Chest" choose "Metallic" or "Metallic 2".

Same for lower body.  "Tight", then for "Pants" choose "Metallic" or "Metallic 2".

You can do the same for gloves and boots.

For face there is also "Metallic" and "Metallic 2" options, as well as "Skull Metal", plus "Robotic" and clockwork options.

Also consider applying the "Blend" pattern (chosen directly under "Metallic").  If you choose slightly different colors for your primary and secondary color it may give you a pleasing effect.

Edited by carroto

21 hours ago, carroto said:

For upper body choose "Tight" as the first option, then under "Chest" choose "Metallic" or "Metallic 2".

Same for lower body.  "Tight", then for "Pants" choose "Metallic" or "Metallic 2".

This.  Also, the lightest colors (full white being the best) will look more like polished metal because you'll see the environment mapped reflections more clearly in it.  But if you want to tint it, that works too, but I'd stick to lighter shades close to white to maintain the shiniest most reflective appearance.  It's still there, but somewhat muted by dark shades.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:10 PM, Tacheyon said:

I'd like to see Metal 2 option on the Female Body Type.  I am curious as to why it isn't available?

There are lots of little inconsistencies like that. For example "Deep V" pattern isn't available for males "Kheldian belt" isn't available for females.
I assume it has to do with development focus in other areas of the game that need attention more than costume commonality. Now that the community is running the game a lack of talented modders putting in the time to costumes and Homecoming's reluctance to implement some of the costume mods that are already out there.
It is possible that no one has cataloged all the inconsistencies either. *shrug* just kind of speculating on all this.