Multiple Launchers?

I just want to double check before I possibly do something stupid.  Would it be possible to have two installations of the Homecoming launcher, without screwing up either one?  They would be on two separate drives.  Say C:\Homecoming and D:\Homecoming

Would installing the Homecoming Launcher on the D drive possibly somehow screw up and/or interfere with the installation on the C drive?

• City Council

The launcher is, by design, portable and self-contained. You can absolutely have multiple copies of it that won't affect each other. The easiest way to make one is to simply copy the whole directory, maybe clearing out some of the settings json files if you want. Or you can do a fresh install elsewhere, it doesn't matter, the installer doesn't do anything magical beyond copying itself into the right place.

There's zero use of the windows registry and no "global" state anymore so they'll be completely independent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I use this approach now to separate my HC, CB and Cryptic installs. Mostly because I like keeping the logs and screenshots for the different environments separate, but as a bonus side effect I get a cleaner environment list in each installer. But the point is that separating them definitely works, and cleanly.

Note that each installer directory will have a copy of the I24 piggs, which is about 4.2GB of data. Not a lot by modern hard drive standards, but just so you know. If you're feeling fancy you could use Windows junctions (symbolic links) to point one installer at the other one's I24 folder, but 🤷‍♂️. Unless you're strapped for space that's overkill.

• Like 2

What they said and obviously this works for those using Other launchers as well. So long as none share a root directory, then all is well.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)