Blaster DPS sheet nobody asked for

Underfyre

8 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Guess I'll never know if Aim is worth using.

If Aim without Gaussian's is raising your damage by less than 13.2% then it's not worth using rotationally. But you'd have to be very heavy on proc damage or near cap for that to happen I think. I'd skip Aim if you've got a very click-buff intensive build only, that's my intuition anyway. If you have Gaussian's, it should pretty much always be worth using unless you're buffed out the wazoo in a group.

Edited by Sunsette

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Few bugs.

Decimation proc in Moonbeam formula is the wrong one.  I tried to edit in the right one, but couldn't figure out why it would take. 

Soulbound Allegiance proc doesn't seem used in Epic pets.

Epic Pet damage doesn't seem to get added to the attack chain.

Edited by DarknessEternal

Few bugs.

Decimation proc in Moonbeam formula is the wrong one.  I tried to edit in the right one, but couldn't figure out why it would take. 

Soulbound Allegiance proc doesn't seem used in Epic pets.

Epic Pet damage doesn't seem to get added to the attack chain.

The Decimation proc in Moonbeam is the same one that is always used in the rest of the sheet for slots that have an attack and a build up power.

The rows containing the cells for pet damage are hidden. If you look at the row numbers below the PPM calculations you'll see some up/down arrows. If you click that it will expose them. You'll see where Soulbound is calculated in those cells. In the case of pets, "Mod Damage" is replaced with the pets DPS, and that is multiplied by the total time of the rotation. Also it looks like some idiot put a <> (does not equal) in the pet Mod Damage cell and instead of a =, so the cell was broken. Had said idiot not done that, clicking the Soulbound Allegiance box would have quickly shown that it is in fact being calculated. Now that I think about it, I need to test if patron pets activate Reactive Interface debuffs and include them. I don't see why they wouldn't.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 12:55 AM, DarknessEternal said:

Does 1.1.2 include the Bopper change to aoe procs?

Yeah, I updated all the PPM procs in the sheet. It weren't just the aoe procs. Everything in the sheet was using the same calc. Rain spells and toggles and the like just had an IF statement to add in a 10 instead of activation+recharge.

Edited by underfyre

Finally got around to some crunching.  I doubt the arcana time investigation will change some relative values I came up with.

I know I made you put an activation time in Voltaic Sentinel, but Dynamo should be given an activation time of 0.  Unlike Voltaic Sentinel, it is permanent.  Ditto Cauterizing Aura, Hot Feet (possibly others).

Epic Pet damage is either incorrect, or the most damaging power in the game.  Are spiderlings really 300 dps?

Pets aside, and surprising no one, Blaze is the most busted power in the game.  It needs a slower casting time or casting time needs to start being accounted for in the damage formulas.  It's absurd.

If you're going for ST damage above all else, it's Fire/Elec or bust.

Finally got around to some crunching.  I doubt the arcana time investigation will change some relative values I came up with.

I know I made you put an activation time in Voltaic Sentinel, but Dynamo should be given an activation time of 0.  Unlike Voltaic Sentinel, it is permanent.  Ditto Cauterizing Aura, Hot Feet (possibly others).

Epic Pet damage is either incorrect, or the most damaging power in the game.  Are spiderlings really 300 dps?

Pets aside, and surprising no one, Blaze is the most busted power in the game.  It needs a slower casting time or casting time needs to start being accounted for in the damage formulas.  It's absurd.

Which, incidentally....also gives you some pretty stupid amounts of AoE.....

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

10 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

v1.1.2 has all of those with a 0 (or -.132, which will be changed to 0 when I remove arcanatime from that sheet) cast time. Dynamo was the only one that didn't have that time cuz I missed it.

Pets can be very powerful. They're autonomous and are also doing damage while you are also doing damage without tying up your cooldowns. They can apply a lot of debuffs, and spiderlings triply so. But unenhanced spiderlings are more like 95 dps if you base it off of their 240s duration, or 28 dps is you base it off of their 900s cooldown. I decided to go with their cooldown time.

I don't really control what kind of damage Blaze does lol

Dynamo was the only one I actually used in testing.  I just assumed the /fire ones might be the same.  /Fire is obviously a worse dps set, so it didn't merit my attentions.

Just putting out a secret weapon here then, but recharge pets contain the best damage set.  5 slots gives you 3% dmg, 6.5% haste, and build up.  And their duration will be below their cooldown (assuming they live).

Blasters should always take an epic pet power.

Re Blaze: I'm thinking about making a "nerf Blaze" suggestion.  It's game-breakingly too powerful.

1 hour ago, DarknessEternal said:

Just putting out a secret weapon here then, but recharge pets contain the best damage set.  5 slots gives you 3% dmg, 6.5% haste, and build up.  And their duration will be below their cooldown (assuming they live).

Oh yeah, big time. Especially when it's 3 spiderlings that can all individually apply the Achille's debuff, and they all individually apply the Reactive Interface debuff. I didn't include the Patron pets in dps comparisons because they're just bonkers damage, and they're a static increase anyway, so there's nothing really to compare against besides which particular pet does more damage. Except maybe to see how knockout Blow fits in a rotation or something.

13 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

I think Dynamo's damage calculation may be broken also.  Changing it's damage enhancement/procs doesn't do anything (at least in the version I'm working with).

Fixed all the damage-less toggles to grab procs, divide by 10 second activation time to get dps, then multiply by rotation time. Changed World of confusion to be an aura and use aura calcs.

Attempting to use Decimation Chance for Build-Up in certain powers like disintegrate is currently glitching the sheet for me (but works in other powers). Testing as BR/Dev. It does not do it on a fresh copy of the sheet, but I never touched anything that wasn't a green field.

Aside from that, I want to thank you again for the hard work that's gone into this sheet. There have been a lot of counterintuitive results I've found as a result of plugging builds into here and they have been quite useful to me.

Edited by Sunsette

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

18 hours ago, Sunsette said:

Attempting to use Decimation Chance for Build-Up in certain powers like disintegrate is currently glitching the sheet for me (but works in other powers). Testing as BR/Dev. It does not do it on a fresh copy of the sheet, but I never touched anything that wasn't a green field.

Can you link a copy of the sheet you're working on? Pulling the primary sheet also doesn't cause errors for me.

OK, I've done an exhaustive amount of playing with this spreadsheet and making test builds based on it. 

The only comment I have left about the sheet is that no one should be trying to make perfect attack strings in the sheet.  Not only because of averaged out haste, but because, in reality, you actually want gaps so that you can actually use all the powers you need to use outside of your perfect attack string.  You need space to use Build Up, Hasten, Destiny, etc because you suck without them.  And if you truly find a gap on one of your rotations, that's just time to throw an AoE.  That's much more efficient than slotting up a Charged Brawl, for example.

Now for an off-topic rant.

Blast sets suck (except Fire).  They are extremely poorly designed. 

This is an AT with 2 damage sets and no defense.  However, in order to actually outdamage the ATs which have defense, Blasters are required to be punching an equal amount of time as those ATs but have no ability to do so effectively.  For a Blaster to actually outdamage a Scrapper/Stalker/Brute, they can only use their Snipe, Aim, and Nuke from the primary set.  Everything else has to be punches from the secondary.  If you try using any other power from the Blast set, you'll go below a melee AT.  And don't forget,  Scrappers/Stalkers get snipe and targeted AoE out of the epic pool.  This is mindbogglingly poor design.

I've called Blaze completely overpowered before, but it turns out, Blaze is the solution, not the problem.  Electric tries real hard to be good but still falls short.  Dark at least smacks its head into the bar without getting over it.  Every other set is complete garbage.

To cross pollinate this thread with your other hugely noteworthy thread.  This is why Sentinels are bad.  They have a bad primary.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

The only comment I have left about the sheet is that no one should be trying to make perfect attack strings in the sheet.  Not only because of averaged out haste, but because, in reality, you actually want gaps so that you can actually use all the powers you need to use outside of your perfect attack string.

After fixing the PPM calc and doing tests the numbers are still 10% short with a purely %damage build and no other variables, so the PPM calcs weren't even in play. The only issue I found after checking cast times frame by frame is the cast times going from zero delay to well past arcanatime delay. So I tried removing arcanatime entirely and DPS was still short. Tolerably short, but still short.

16 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

To cross pollinate this thread with your other hugely noteworthy thread.  This is why Sentinels are bad.  They have a bad primary.

Blasters having a bigger bonus to their melee abilities than their blasts? Checks out. Everyone else being tuned off of the Blasters already weaker-than-melee blast sets? Perfection.

• 2 weeks later

EDIT: Most firstly, Make a copy of the rotation tab. It just makes things easier in case you accidentally break something.

Unfortunately there's a bit of legwork to using the sheet these days, especially after adding in all the pool powers.

Firstly select your powers: Primary, Secondary, Epic, 4 Pools with the drop down options in the top right. If you take Dual Pistols, also select your ammo.

You can choose what kind of targets you're fighting and their level against you. It's defaulted to a Rikti Pylon at +0. I usually use +3 Global Average though. I'd like to include numbers for Incarnate Trials, but I don't have numbers for those.

If this is a character that already exists you can pull set bonus values from the Character Attrib screen. That's by far the easiest way to track those down for me. But honestly you're probably using the sheet to see how you want to build (min/max) a character that isn't made yet. In that case you can pull those bonuses from Mid's, I usually just mouse over and count them out. Then select whatever Incarnates you're using from the drop downs.

Next put your enhancement values into the green blocks. I usually do it by each enhancement, but Darkness was just putting the total value in one cell. Either works fine. After a few runs you'll kind of just know the numbers and it gets much faster.

Next you put any procs you may have used. Miscellaneous procs like -recharge or slows aren't included. Just stuff that increases damage.

Finally, choose whether you're doing single target or multi target. Then drop in your ability numbers in the green bar. You can reference the abilities/numbers in the block that's above and to the right.

Edited by underfyre
  • Like 1