Make Necromancy's Soul Extraction work on defeated enemies instead of minions

Compared to the similar powers Hell on Earth in Demon Summoning and Gang War in Thugs, Soul Extraction is really hard to use. With Hell on Earth and Gang War, you can just hit the button and summon the extra minions, but Soul Extraction requires a dead minion. You can't even intentionally dismiss a minion to use it, because no corpse is left behind. It would be a lot easier to use, while still being thematic and coming with a downside compared to similar powers, if it required a dead enemy rather than a dead minion. This is also how Warshades' Dark Extraction works, although Soul Extraction has three different tiers of minion it can summon depending on the rank of minion you use it on. If it were made to work on dead enemies, it could instead depend on the rank of enemy you use it on, like how Victory Rush works.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Replacement said:

That implies you killed your enemy, or at least stole their soul.

Yes? I think Warshades' Unchain Essence and Dark Extraction "releasing the energy of a defeated foe" or "extracting the essence from a defeated villain" are pretty clearly lethal too. Lots of powers in this game would definitely kill people, despite the whole "defeated" thing.

Edited by Thezanman

Let’s not forget there’s launch powers with names like “decapitate” and “head splitter”.

Edit: correction, the tier 1 for battle axe is BEHEADER, also broadsword has both headsplitter and DISEMBOWEL, and we can't forget claws has Eviscerate. Yeah, and these were all powers given to heroes before it redside was much more than maybe discussion around the water cooler at the offices.

Edited by Sakura Tenshi
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Thezanman said:

Yes? I think Warshades' Unchain Essence and Dark Extraction "releasing the energy of a defeated foe" or "extracting the essence from a defeated villain" are pretty clearly lethal too. Lots of powers in this game would definitely kill people, despite the whole "defeated" thing.

That's why they're worded as they are. No mention of soul, no mention of permanence. They just take some ambiguous "essence" which might be a portion of their soul if you're a magic warshade or it might be some of their calories for all we know.  

It's silly and ambiguous, but the implication is much clearer when you're making a ghost from their body that they won't be using the medi-porter today. That is so ingrained in fiction that even if you put "some of their essence" in the flavor text, we would all "know."

You're free to disagree and frankly the HC devs may decide those days are behind us; that's fine and I don't care. I just know the game always aims to keep non-lethal versions of characters in mind.

7 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

Let’s not forget there’s launch powers with names like “decapitate” and “head splitter”.

Edit: correction, the tier 1 for battle axe is BEHEADER, also broadsword has both headsplitter and DISEMBOWEL, and we can't forget claws has Eviscerate. Yeah, and these were all powers given to heroes before it redside was much more than maybe discussion around the water cooler at the offices.

What you are talking about is likely to be the cause of death. Or maybe in your mind your character uses psychic stun blades, or the flat back of the katana, or just does whatever it was Leonardo was always doing in the cartoon.

The standard media implication of "I'm making a ghost from your body" is that you will not make a full recovery.

Edited by Replacement

7 hours ago, Replacement said:

It's silly and ambiguous, but the implication is much clearer when you're making a ghost from their body that they won't be using the medi-porter today. That is so ingrained in fiction that even if you put "some of their essence" in the flavor text, we would all "know."

I mean, the ghost only lasts for, what, 3 minutes?  Seems like if you killed them, it didn't take anyway.

• Like 2