Bots/FF

DarkSkysz

I am currently level 26 with my bots/ff toon. But the thing is, both bots and ff doesnt have good attack skills, so I basically have to sit and wait for my minions to do all the work... kinda boring sometimes xD

My question is, is there any power poll with good skills I could get to help my minions kill stuff faster? I tried sorcery, but the arcane bolt was not that good since the double dmg is random.

Mastermind personal attacks are not, generally speaking, spectacular. But there are a few options I can think of.

1. Have a look at this thread for how Force Field powers can be used more proactively

2. Fighting Pool. Crosspunch isn't bad if you also takes Boxing and Kick.  On my Ninja/FF character a took all the Fighting attacks and  Knockout Blow from the Leviathan Epic. It may not be amazing but it keeps me entertained.

3. You can try putting some of the Invention Set Enchancements with Procs (Chance of effects) in your FF attacks which might add extra damage or debuff or knockdown your targets.

Pulse Rifle Burst with a Force Feedback proc in it. It probably doesn't need anything else depending on your build and preference. Use it to grab attention or as filler between doing other things. You can feel like you're contributing and maybe even get lucky with some +rech while not having to spend a lot of slots to make it effective.

Back in the day I switched from /FF to /Traps specifically because it kept me busier and made me feel like my abilities were more useful while still giving nice defense. Even so, sometimes you just want to shoot someone in the face.

• Like 2

Your pets are your real weapons, but you don't have to just sit and watch them fight. You can increase your damage by micro-managing your pets using macros. Make sure they're attacking the most critical targets. Give them targets in the middle of groups where their AoE will do the most damage. Make sure they don't run off and aggro additional groups. Fine tune how many are on bodyguard duty.

Because beam rifle attacks inflict such puny damage, they're a good candidate for delivering procs. The Annihilation IO set has a Resist Debuff proc which you can slot in Photon Grenade or some pool powers, and it can actually make your robots inflict more damage, if you soften up their target for them.

Maybe I should change my secondary power set?

I saw some guides saying that /FF is only good before 40, after that everyone can get good shields from patron powers. Does it means /FF is basically knockback and knockback later on?

When you're doing high-level missions you will encounter an increasing number of teammates who have already soft-capped their defenses and they will gain nothing from your bubbles. But I can also say that a lot of my 50s are quite squishy and would never say no to a defense buff. I wouldn't change secondaries over that, but if you find Force Field too passive and boring, you might consider changing to something more active. You can always roll up an alt and run a few rounds of Death From Below and see how the other power sets play.

I disagree with this common notion that +def is useless at high level. I've played enough at 50 to know just how many people don't have IO builds at all, or just aren't even 50 yet. And that's fine. Also especially for a mastermind, your pets don't get better defenses after 40 and that's your priority. I like force fields myself, but if you want more to do you can get some attacks out of your epic and proc out your force powers. I recomend KO blow on leviathan mastery, it's a really nice chunk of ST damage to supplement your bots.

• Like 1

Is there any kind of test server or something like that? Where I could get insta lvl 50 to test power/builds?

@Edit: Nvm, found it. The beta server xD

I tested some powers and Elec Affinity looks cool. Short cooldown teamheal, shields, damage buffs.

I maybe will reroll with these powers, bot/ea.

Edited by DarkSkysz

Another suggestion... put the KB->KD IO (Sudden Acceleration) in Force Bolt, along with an generic Accuracy.  Use it to keep as many targets as you can (or one annoying one) on their backsides.  Don't slot for damage since even at level 50 it only does 6 points, but you can add the Chance for Damage (Explosive Strike).  

For that matter, I make liberal use of that Sudden Acceleration IO on my Bots/FF.  I've got one in Assault Bot, Force Bolt, and Repulsion Bomb, plus an Overwhelming Force KB->KD in Battle Drones.  That keeps all my targets nearby instead of scattering.

For your personal damage, Repulsion Bomb can take several damage procs.  Highly recommend it.  Likewise, Photon Grenade can take a couple of damage procs.  Then there's a few choice attacks from the Epic/Patron pools you can add.

Edited by Mack008
  • Like 1

On the subject of Force Field being obsolete at high levels... If you're a Force Field Defender and your whole team already has soft-capped defenses, you are not much of an asset. However, the Force Field Mastermind does have an additional set of constituents: your pets. Your robot minions may really benefit from those defense buffs even if your teammates don't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mack008 said:

Another suggestion... put the KB->KD IO (Sudden Acceleration) in Force Bolt, along with an generic Accuracy.  Use it to keep as many targets as you can (or one annoying one) on their backsides.  Don't slot for damage since even at level 50 it only does 6 points, but you can add the Chance for Damage (Explosive Strike).  

For that matter, I make liberal use of that Sudden Acceleration IO on my Bots/FF.  I've got one in Assault Bot, Force Bolt, and Repulsion Bomb, plus an Overwhelming Force KB->KD in Battle Drones.  That keeps all my targets nearby instead of scattering.

For your personal damage, Repulsion Bomb can take several damage procs.  Highly recommend it.  Likewise, Photon Grenade can take a couple of damage procs.  Then there's a few choice attacks from the Epic/Patron pools you can add.

Can you name some of them so I could test? The damage procs IOs.

Also, about the sudden acceleration. I never saw one for sale in the auction house. Always have like 0 selling and 200+ buying.

For Repulsion Bomb:

-- Ranged AoE:  Positron's Blast

-- Ranged AoE:  Bombardment

-- Knockback:  Explosive Strike

For Photon Grenade, the same two Ranged AoE's as above.

Yes, the Sudden Accelerations sell quickly.  You'll have to place a bid or two and be patient.  Don't forget to bid on the recipe as well. 

If you've got merits to spend, then at the Merit Vendor you can buy the Overwhelming Force: KB->KD / Damage for 100 merits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mack008 said:

For Repulsion Bomb:

-- Ranged AoE:  Positron's Blast

-- Ranged AoE:  Bombardment

-- Knockback:  Explosive Strike

For Photon Grenade, the same two Ranged AoE's as above.

Yes, the Sudden Accelerations sell quickly.  You'll have to place a bid or two and be patient.  Don't forget to bid on the recipe as well. 

If you've got merits to spend, then at the Merit Vendor you can buy the Overwhelming Force: KB->KD / Damage for 100 merits.

You can just run the SBB to get an Overwhelming Force, it's pretty fun and it shouldn't take more than around 20 minutes. You can do it once and convert whatever you get, or you can just run it as much as you want. Contrary to what it says, you can choose the enhancement reward as much as you like. Just remember you can only use Overwhelming Force one time in your build.

On 5/10/2021 at 6:29 PM, DarkSkysz said:

Also, about the sudden acceleration. I never saw one for sale in the auction house. Always have like 0 selling and 200+ buying.

Leave a bid on the AH for a stack of Level 31 Kinetic Crash recipes. They'll fill over a day or two.

Craft them and then Convert Out of Set (Knockback).

You'll get a mix of Force Feedbacks and Sudden Accelerations. If you're lucky you'll get a Sudden Acceleration (KD to KD). If not, you can convert in set to get one.

You can then do what you like with the remaining rare enhancements - use them, or convert them and sell them off to make a profit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got level 50 with my MM.

Now the next part starts... filling the slots :V

Is there a good place to farm influence for a fresh lvl 50? I only have looted enhancements so far (don't tell me to go somewhere +4/8...I wont survive the first mob xD)

On 5/10/2021 at 1:29 PM, DarkSkysz said:

I frequently buy IO recipes using merits. I have been chided that is an expensive use of merits, but I get along with it fine.

Farmed some influence to get IO sets and now I am starting to work on incarnates.

What you guys think?

For alpha musculature

Judgement Ion

Hydrib Support

But I still dunno about interface and destiny...

I don't have endurance problems for ageless. I don't need more defence since I have bubbles xD my bots get 75% def when I buff them. Maybe my mm could use it...she have 30~40% defence. Clarion I don't see a reason to take. Crownd control was never a problem for me since the tank have the aggro. And last rebirth... my bots almost never take dmg, but when something hit them they just die...so no point in aoe heal if they get one shot xD

And interface I have 3 in mind. Degen, paralytic or reactive.