This is the Unofficial PvP Server?

mkauf84

Don't know how that came to be, but if Homecoming does expand maybe they should have a PvP server that has PvP in most zones. Or Neutral until the engagement is decided, like with the Praetorian Clockwork.

• 3 weeks later

Random question, but what parts of Indomitable are technically PVP, and are they exactly the same settings for PVE and PVP as the other servers?

Indomitable 50's:  (Hero) Luminous Naiad, (Hero) Durability Dispenser

Don't know how that came to be, but if Homecoming does expand maybe they should have a PvP server that has PvP in most zones. Or Neutral until the engagement is decided, like with the Praetorian Clockwork.

I believe it was chosen randomly. I'd be all for server wide open world PvP, how they would implement it and how feasible it is to do is unknown and I would imagine if it were even possible the majority of players would avoid that type of server.

Random question, but what parts of Indomitable are technically PVP, and are they exactly the same settings for PVE and PVP as the other servers?

No server has any special settings, so to answer your question, yes they're the same.

UzQ8Eke.png

• 2 months later
On 5/31/2019 at 1:28 AM, mkauf84 said:

I don't know but I think CoX should adopt the Bounty system from SWG. Some variation of course.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a powerset just for hunting down Heroes? And I don't mean hunting NPC's.

Imagine logging in on your "Bounty Hunter" and heading to the Bounty Terminal and scrolling through targets to hunt down. Pick one and send out a probe to find the approximate area of where that player is in the world. Go to that point... crap they moved. Send out another probe and find where they are now. Go to the new waypoint AND........... there they are in all of their PvP glory waiting to be PK'd so you can turn that Bounty in for sweet sweet rewards. Then the icing on the cake - in the Bounty chat everyone sees an announcement that you have collected a Bounty on that target.... or if you weren't successful it will announce the target combated a Bounty.

Now wouldn't that be cool? I am the last person to PvP but I'd participate in that ALL the time.

“Destiny dressed you this morning my friend, and now fear is trying to pull off your pants. If you give up, if you give in, then you're gonna end up naked with fear just standin' there laughing at your dangling unmentionables.”
― The Tick

1 hour ago, Ya'dig said:

I don't know but I think CoX should adopt the Bounty system from SWG. Some variation of course.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a powerset just for hunting down Heroes? And I don't mean hunting NPC's.

Imagine logging in on your "Bounty Hunter" and heading to the Bounty Terminal and scrolling through targets to hunt down. Pick one and send out a probe to find the approximate area of where that player is in the world. Go to that point... crap they moved. Send out another probe and find where they are now. Go to the new waypoint AND........... there they are in all of their PvP glory waiting to be PK'd so you can turn that Bounty in for sweet sweet rewards. Then the icing on the cake - in the Bounty chat everyone sees an announcement that you have collected a Bounty on that target.... or if you weren't successful it will announce the target combated a Bounty.

Now wouldn't that be cool? I am the last person to PvP but I'd participate in that ALL the time.

While no where near as elaborate as your suggestion, the Siren's Call PvP Zone has a bounty system in place that rewards successful defeats of bounty targets. 

• Like 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

I've seen people post on Indom. "I"m somewhere in Atlas Park. First person to find me gets 10mil influence." <- in the LFG channel. 

It's more "hide and go seek", but you could "imagine" it being a bounty hunt. After all, you would get a bounty if you're the first, but.....You'd also be competing with everyone else on the server that wants to find said individual.

I suppose they could make it more thematic the way the word it. Just spit balling but;

"Hey everyone! Word has it through underground channels that Scirocco has put a price on the head of <ME> for Xm INF. I'm in hiding for now, but you can win the bounty on my head if you just find me. If no one finds me by 0:00 GMT, Magikal will have finished her incantation to get me past the war walls. Too bad Scirocco!" 

You could make it a bigger build-up than that, I'm sure. 

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam