Claws/Elec vs Claws/Rad

HugeChaos

I am probably going to make both since I've always loved claws and in the world of IO/ATO they seem much more viable. Build ideas? 

On a side not was extremely happy to find CoX was alive. Has been my favorite game! I've only been back a week forgive me for not having a build posted. I am struggling to get mids to cooperate. I cannot for the life of me get it to save a build.

Edited by HugeChaos
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later

Claws/Ele will be more damage for sure, and still really REALLY survivable (I love ela brutes, res cap slfce and softcap def for sl). Claws/Rad will still be a lot of damage but be more survivability. Both armors are freaking amazing on brutes. You can't go wrong with either. All comes down to what you value more. DPS or survivability. Both armors are awesome.

Radiation Armor without a doubt.

Instead of a slow ass heal you get a heal that doubles as an endurance clicky, then also a shield that -also- doubles as a recovery buff, and instead of a damage aura you get a recharge aura that makes those clickies faster.

The damage aura can be replaced by proc monstering the heal and the mini nukes Rad Armor has.

• Like 3

Rad armor is a lot smoother in play, and that's from the start too.  Elec takes some time to get matured and working smoothly.  I think Rad might be both more durable and more devastatingly damaging in the end with layered mitigation (heal/regen/absorb/res/-tohit), proc nukes and a t9 that both adds damage and doesn't have a massive crash, compared to straight res/heal that Elec provides and a bad t9.  You can also jump with Rad armor without suddenly getting KB'd or immobilized.  That's nice.  I'd say giving up all of the benefits of Rad armor for a damage aura isn't worth it, if you only get to pick one or the other.

Play both though, I did and they both work great, just one is more fine-tuned than the other.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Elia87 said:

Compared to /bio how does /rad do?

Bio is squishy but offense oriented. It works well against easy content, but folds harder against hard content. Depending on how you intend to play it, solo VS team, damage VS tanking, it can be fine though. It's one of the highest offense oriented secondaries on par or a bit better than Fire Armor, though Fire Armor brings Burn which is better for burst.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elia87 said:

Thank you Sovera! What about/dark?

Dark is good against everything and its main selling point is a uber heal that recharges under 12 seconds. It's downside is a hefty endurance cost that has no counter from the armor itself (unlike for example Rad with two sources of endurance, or DNA Siphon of Bio, or Consume from Fire Armor) but IOs can help.

A good middle ground is Energy Armor. It lacks heavy resistances but has them, and also has defense as well as defense debuff protection. It has a decent heal that doubles as endurance reduction and later on you get Energy Drain which gives endurance and a small defense buff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Elia87 said:

What is your take, i want something to play endgame content only..thorn between ea and rad now x.x 

I'd recommend rad for end game. My rad armor tanker is still to date the most enjoyable, having unlimited endurance on top of maxxed resists and a hefty nuke is great. EA is good but won't ever be as sturdy and requires a lot more work to hit the unlimited endurance. Rad Armor lets you keep your travel power, every toggle you can find and focused accuracy all going and still  just ignore your blue bar all together.

• Like 1

The Alphabet Bunnies
Currently Building: Dark/Fire Tanker, Merc/Time MM

50 Bunnies: Alpha Bunny (Il/Rad Controller) Beta-Bunny (FF/BR Defender) Gamma-Bunny (Seismic/Stone Sent) Epsilon Bunny (Spines/Invul Scrapper) Theta Bunny (Willpower/Axe Tanker) Zeta Bunny (DB/EnA Stalker) Lambda Bunny (Bio/SvgM Tanker) Xi Bunny (Stone/Stone Stalker) Sigma Bunny (SR/KM Tanker) Upsilon Bunny (Shield/DM Tanker) Chi Bunny (Fire Farmer Brute) Omega Bunny (Claws/Ninja Scrapper) F - araday Bunny (Elec/Elec Defender)
50 Non-Bunnies: Darboux (Crab Spider) Invisible Icicle (Ice/Bio Stalker) Cooling-Tower (Rad/Ice Tanker) Ferrouscious Feline (Invul/WM Tanker) Bill the Yeti (SavM/Ice Stalker) Sally Salamander (Fire/MA Tanker) Blade Azure (Kat/EnA Scrapper) 

EA then. Anything with defense debuffs makes everything fold (you would think only defense sets would fold, but no, resistance sets too) and EA has protection against it.

1 minute ago, Elia87 said:

Last question/curiosity...claw/rad brute or scrapper?

Scrapper for damage, Brute for easier early leveling and more tankyness with buffs from the team.

Edited by Sovera
  • Like 2