Visually edit Granite Armor

AxerJ

Well, it's possible to recolour the granite devouring earth minion in the AE. (So it should be possible to add this to Granite.)

See for yourself...

image.thumb.png.d7ad82f77c037dd8f0879b70a15c0414.png

Powerhouse has mentioned he's  is hoping to look at Stone Armour in one of the next few pages. So hopefully this is both doable, and on the agenda.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the Homecoming PvP Fightclub Discord 
What is Fightclub?  Fightclub is PVP between two melee players fighting to the death in melee range with no moving/retreating allowed. It's like pylon testing...but the pylon hits back! Perfect for players who enjoy min/maxing builds. Click the discord link above for more info.

If I recall the original power customization issue per the old Devs... The issue was the way the power works at the moment is that it overwrites your model entirely and calls up a new one.  Because it's just "replace with DE_Granite_LT" there's no way for the power to transfer information to the Granite model. As all that info is stored in your model, which Granite Armor just deleted to replace with a new one.  All the power customization is stored like costume info.  It's not in the power it's in your model, more or less.

The other stone powers for example all ADD something to your model.  So the power trips and says "Add Crystal Armor" and your model says "Actually I have the data for that and it says 'Use Lava and color it blue' so we're doing that.

This isn't to say it's impossible just that it's not an easy fix.  Gonna have to rewire the power.  And they really need to take a serious look at Stone Armor as a whole anyway such that Granite might not even exist in it's current state by the time they're done

• Like 1

Given how often this (and similar) requests are made, which are technically impossible with the way things are (to the best of my current knowledge) laid out in the engine as-is . . . I think perhaps a reply I gave to a cousin-thread of this also applies here:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/29004-give-widows-more-than-one-widow-uniform-slot/?tab=comments#comment-364515

It may be time to prioritize the revamp of the costume rendering systems.  Remake the back-end to serve the needs and desires we have today, rather than attempt to kludged another bandaid on top of the leaning tower of patchwork.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1