Custom image function

Ability to add image to your CoH characters for example:

Custom SG Logo
Custom Chest Detail

Ability to add screenshots to base in order to make memoryline or something else.

Lots of potential there.

Now, I know it could be tool for abuse/troll or something beyond mortal comprehension.

It could be cool though.

• Like 1

Please submit all requests to the following:

Super-Group Registry

1 Atlas Park

Paragon City, Rhode Island 

ATTN: Dick Ballzac, Super Group Registrar  

Allow 4-6 weeks for processing.

• Haha 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

Cool idea, but difficult to implement without dedicated resources to moderate properly.  And even then, someone will also have to arbitrate an appeals process, and people will still get upset when they're told "No", no matter how gracious or subjectively benign.  It's going to end up a no-win situation for the HC team, so better to avoid it entirely.

Another option might be to create your own client-side decals, and distribute them to those who might want them, kind of like the other mods that exist for the game.  I don't exactly know how that would work, but I'm sure that someone in the mod community can figure it out.

(edit:) Of course, if you did come up with an objectionable/offensive client-side mod decal, and then publicly posted screenshots or video, you could open a world of woe against HC, just through guilt by association. 

Here's an egregious hypothetical: you create a swastika chest detail decal for your character, and then Twitch stream playing that character.  Who do you think is gonna get slammed for that: just you, or you and Homecoming?  My bet is that Homecoming would get as much (if not more) crap for allowing that, even if it's not server side.  And it would only take one (1) such bad apple to spoil it for the whole bunch.

Yeah, now that I think it through: NO, HARD PASS, THANKS.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

12 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Here's an egregious hypothetical: you create a swastika chest detail decal for your character, and then Twitch stream playing that character. 

I mean, sight unseen?  There's always going to be X many people who choose to sail STRAIGHT over that line. 

So someone probably already HAS exactly that, not as a chest emblem, but as some kind of huge wall decoration in their SG base. 

Because either they like it. Or because they think it would be funny to get reactions from people. Or because they Just Don't Get It. Etc.

And someone could twitch a variety of "SG Bases in CoH" going through a list of bases, and someone gives them the code to enter it, just to troll them and get offended reactions.

The GMs probably have to deal with this sort of thing already. It wouldn't shock me if they HAVE had to deal with something similar, more than once. 

Maybe not on twitch,  but player encounter / player reported.

I'd hope they're not shy about busting out the Banhammer when it's called for.  But I wouldn't expect them to log itt for the player base as a whole to review. Their approach seems to be even if you report something you are not informed of the ultimate action taken on the offending player, and I can respect that. 

Crowdsourcing some images might be good / might not. 

But I would hope, if they choose to open that door at all, it has an approval process with a "no appeal, denied is just denied".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MTeague said:

I mean, sight unseen?  There's always going to be X many people who choose to sail STRAIGHT over that line. 

So someone probably already HAS exactly that, not as a chest emblem, but as some kind of huge wall decoration in their SG base. 

Because either they like it. Or because they think it would be funny to get reactions from people. Or because they Just Don't Get It. Etc.

And someone could twitch a variety of "SG Bases in CoH" going through a list of bases, and someone gives them the code to enter it, just to troll them and get offended reactions.

The GMs probably have to deal with this sort of thing already. It wouldn't shock me if they HAVE had to deal with something similar, more than once. 

Maybe not on twitch,  but player encounter / player reported.

I'd hope they're not shy about busting out the Banhammer when it's called for.  But I wouldn't expect them to log itt for the player base as a whole to review. Their approach seems to be even if you report something you are not informed of the ultimate action taken on the offending player, and I can respect that. 

Crowdsourcing some images might be good / might not. 

But I would hope, if they choose to open that door at all, it has an approval process with a "no appeal, denied is just denied".

Good points, @MTeague.  Technically, there's nothing preventing anyone from creating client-side mods for decals right now.  They just need knowledge and the right tools (like a PIGG editor).

Remember the old "nude model" client-side hack from retail?  Someone had hacked up the "Eden" costume pieces on the client-side to show naughty bits instead of the minimal decals.  If you had the same hack on your client, every character that used the "Eden" costume parts ended up looking naked (if you squinted your eyes and had a vivid imagination -- the resolution was terrible).

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer