New Power set for Blaster: Shuriken Blast

Hello Devs

Any chance you could make a shuriken blaster AT. Since the powers are already in the game it should be fairly easy to do. Just have to increase the damage of the attacks. I just really want a shuriken blaster. Here is what I came up with. 

Level 1- Shuriken Throw - ranged, minor damage (lethal)

Level 1 - Poison Shuriken - ranged, moderate damage (lethal), minor (toxic)

Level 2 - Trick Shot - ranged, chain moderate damage (lethal)

Level 6 - Shuriken Barrage - ranged (cone), moderate damage (lethal)

Level 8 - Aim - self +tohit, +damage

Level 12 - Explosive Shuriken - ranged, high damage (fire), minor splash damage (fire dot)

Level 18 - Masterful Throw - sniper, extreme damage (lethal), chance for DoT (lethal)

Level 26 - Shuriken Dance - PBAoE, moderate DoT (lethal), Foe -Def -Res

Level 32 - One Thousand Shurikens - ranged (target AoE), extreme damage (lethal), change for moderate DoT (lethal

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rather than "Shuriken Blast" I would say "Thrown Weapons".

Then you can have a skin for shurikens, a skin for thrown daggers, a skin for thrown javelins / pilums, a skin for thrown playing cards (*cough*), a skin for thrown baseballs, 

Well.  Not sure on Javelins, might be too much difference in animation for something above a certain size.

but shurikens/daggers/small axes, for sure.

• Like 3

Aye.  Thrown Weapons.
I need me some Throwing Knives, after all.  And there's a lot of potential fun for people who want to throw Axes too, as @MTeague said.  Playing cards . . . as long as they don't glow with "kinetic energy" or something like that, I think we'd be fine.

So, some renaming suggestions:
Throw Blade

Envenomed Blade

Trick Shot
Blade Barrage
Aim
Explosive Edge
Masterful Throw
Cutting Dance
One Thousand Slices

• Like 3

On 12/20/2019 at 12:54 AM, Tyrannical said:

Throwing Blades

You are trained with deadly throwing blades, armed with an assortment of martial weaponry to attack your foes from afar.

MartialAssault ShurikenThrow.png - Shuriken Throw: Taken from Martial Assault. This fits well for the low damage/quick recharge attack.

WeaponMastery Shuriken.png - Throwing Dagger: An NPC power used by a multitude of enemies, ideal for a moderate damage ranged attack.

MartialAssault TrickShot.png - Trick Shot: Taken directly from Martial Assault. this ability works well as a nice AoE ability.

WeaponMastery ExplodingShuriken.png - Shrapnel Shuriken:  A renamed version of Weapon Mastery's Exploding Shuriken. This works as a basic AoE power.

FireBlast Aim.png - Aim: Your basic blast set 'Aim' power.

MartialAssault MasterfulThrow.png - Masterful Throw: Also taken from Martial Assault. This works perfectly as a snipe ability.

MartialAssault SpinningKick.png - Fan of Blades: NPCs like Chance McKnight have a similar ability called 'Shurikens', which is a cone version of the standard Shuriken power. Though I would perhaps give it the Eviscerate/Ripper animation.

MartialAssault ExplosiveShuriken.png - Explosive Shuriken: Taken from Martial Assault. this power works well as a low-range/high-damage attack

MartialManipulation DragonsTail.png - Blade Storm: The T9 for this set would likely be a mix of projectiles thrown in all directions, likely using the same animation as Typhoon's Edge.

😉

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

@Lyris came up with the idea for 2 great powersets, Flechettes (for small hurled items (like Shurikens)) & Thrown Weapons (for large hurled items that ricochet & return to you (like Boomerang, Chakram, etc...)).

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/16340-shuriken-throw-set/?do=findComment&comment=212517

Edited by Shadowsleuth
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1