Maybe I'm Asking Too Much?

00Troy00

A mastermind, maybe? A joke I make a lot during an MSR is that MMs can take a nap. Not that that is what you are wanting to do, but so long as you are controlling your pets you are still very much contributing to the team and not having to mash buttons constantly.

On 5/26/2021 at 8:25 PM, 00Troy00 said:

I'm trying to think of a toon that would be very team-friendly, but not one that would be so active that I get lost in button-pushing. Is there such a thing, and, if so, what?

Force field Defender.

You can take some attacks, some buffs, and run lots of toggles.

Go illusion/forcefield controler.  Plenty of mashing when solo, but in teams, you just bubble up, apply more bubbles to self, then flash people while throwing minions.  spikes of activity, maybe an occasional press to force bolt someone, but mostly passive.  Alternatively storm summoning is a decent passive support set.  Be expected to run around a lot, but not much in the way of pushing things as actively.

Edited by CCCM89

On 5/26/2021 at 8:25 PM, 00Troy00 said:

I'm trying to think of a toon that would be very team-friendly, but not one that would be so active that I get lost in button-pushing. Is there such a thing, and, if so, what?

Crab spider pets build.  Not click heavy at all.  Buffs and pets.  

20 hours ago, 00Troy00 said:

Thanks for the feedback all. I think a MM might be the way to go. Now I just need to decide between bots and thugs (I REALLY wish we could choose different bots. Some of the NPC bots look way cooler).

Maybe start both, run in a few DFBs with each, and see where you end up?

My first 50 was a thugs MM. He's in storage now, but I still enjoy playing him every now and again. I hear bots are a lot of fun, too, but I haven't tried them.

• 2 weeks later

Consider a spines/fire brute. Properly built, in most cases, you can put burn on auto and just chill. Doesn't need to be a fire farm, either. With Melee defense focus, there's very little to worry about, except in an ITF when cascading failure can easily happen - but with inspirations and healing flames, you can see your way out if it rather easily. 

But for most content, you can snooze your way through, if that's what you choose. 

• 2 weeks later

Dark Defender hands down you can De-buff enemies, Buff teammates, Heal, Have a Pet, Phase Shift enemies if there are too many and you need a breath, or just blast them!! worries about enemies getting in your face then have Air Superiority and Sands of Mu...the dark defender can do just about anything...solo, pvp, team lockdown expert, team support and AV Killer,,,

Dark Defender can do it all!!!

Drawbacks...less health and defence than Tanks/Scrappers/Brutes/Stalkers...less offence than Blasters/Dominators/Scrappers/Stalkers but with Incarnate powers and some Temporary powers you can compensate

Versatility and Strategy are a Defenders strength

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Want something just as much fun try a Gravity/Empathy Controller

Edited by FeliciaDivine
  • Thumbs Up 1