Well, that ain't right is it? -- in game stats

cohRock

I happened to be looking at some stats on my level 32 Demon/Time MM, and the following was reported:

coh_DDstats.png

Shouldn't the damage be closer to 95% and the Resist closer to 20%?

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

I dont think a power can have damage and damage resist at the same time so you are looking at the buggy result.  Damage resist works as -damage, so having +damage and -damage in the same power messes up.  I imagine this is on the list for fixing and hasnt reached the top yet.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, TheZag said:

I dont think a power can have damage and damage resist at the same time so you are looking at the buggy result.  Damage resist works as -damage, so having +damage and -damage in the same power messes up.  I imagine this is on the list for fixing and hasnt reached the top yet.

An actual power may not be able to -- but a pet, with multiple powers, can.    Just as the Robotics lieutenants can cast defensive shields, demon lieutenants cast resistive shields, and both pets can have their shields enhanced.   Now that Daemon Demon has acquired the second demon pet buff, they will also be able to cast a heal, which is also slottable in the power.  I'm not saying your underlying theory is incorrect -- these two powers could actually be messing with each other instead of this just being a bug in reporting statistics.  In which case, I would like the statistics to be correct!  I'd take just +66% damage if the shields were also buffed +66%.  Maybe when I add a sixth slot and put in a Health enhancement, that will be +66% too.  🙂

BTW, in my original post I should have said that this is the only oddly-reported power that I noticed.

Edited by cohRock

-- Rock

You know, this kind of makes me wonder how Enhancement piggy-backing works for Henches&Pets under the hood, exactly.

I realize that the likes of @Captain Powerhouse and @Faultline and @Bopper (or is that @Booper) can't expressly state the details of code which may be protected under the veil of some intellectual property copyrights . . .

buuuuuuut maybe some random forum user who happens to stumble upon this thread could explain things in lay-terms which are "accurate enough" while being detailed and informative.

Curious...

So I threw Demon Summoning in Mid's with the same enhancements and the numbers are pretty close to what you thought they should be, at least in Mid's.  Not that Mid's doesn't have it's variances from Live but this sort of indicates that at least that's how someone thought it worked.  I'm not sure if what @TheZag said is correct but it does make me wonder.  Good catch @cohRock.  Not sure how to answer it but I suspect @Naraka might be correct.  

Here's a quick screenshot:

demonDmgRes.png.896e63cdf80fe671aff1c5affafc19ed.png 

(& yes they are lvl 50's but that shouldn't make that much difference)

@GraspingVileTerror is also correct, they may not be able to pop in here and give us the actual code details under the circumstances.  Perhaps an HC dev can at least say 'code bug', 'display bug' or 'working as intended'?

Another thought is someone could drop this question over in the Ourodev Discord and see if anyone there might know and can explain it?  (if the HC folks cannot for some reason)

My best 'guess' is that it is just an in game display bug - hopefully.

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

I did ask the same question once in another thread:

Although there's not concrete evidence that nothing is broken, I also learned how the enhancements were affecting the pets/pet's powers as well.  

EDIT: I wonder how often people ask about this particular power.

Edited by Naraka