Costume Change Emote missing: Rainbow

GraspingVileTerror

I could probably knock enough rust off my demorecord skills to be able to make one of Ghost Widow doing the emote. Turning it into a GIF for the wiki is an entirely different matter, though.

And actually I just found this which may make the process easier: https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Talk:Emotes/Animation_Cohdemo

If there are other emotes missing from the page, it's because I am not aware of them. I gave the page a few good goings-over last fall and added all the emotes I knew about.

• Thanks 1

Enjoy! https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Costume_Emote_CCRainbow

This was my first stab at making a GIF, and it lost a little quality in translation from screenshots to GIF, but from what I have read there may be nothing I can do about that given the GIF format limitations. I used GIMP to animate it, and if anyone has any pointers for potentially making it a bit higher image quality I am all ears. If I can get it to a higher quality state I will upload a new version.

My basic process was:

1. Dump screenshots (JPG format) from demo playback
  2. Select range of screenshots that illustrate the emote
  3. Crop and resize screenshots to appropriate size for the wiki
  4. Composite the screenshots into animated GIF using GIMP

I added both the Rainbow and the LightMagic costume change emote to the Emotes wiki page. Once I settle on a good GIF production process I can make GIFs for the handful of emotes that still need them.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo
  • Thanks 2

I've added animate GIFs for the following i25 emotes:

and for the following costume change emotes:

That should cover all the emotes that were missing animations. If I missed one, or if one of the ones I uploaded is incorrect, please let me know!

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2