Curious question for ya'll on Torchbearer.

JJDrakken

IMO it seems to have really slowed down lately. The usual scheduled stuff seems to still be doing ok, Hami, MSR, etc. But notice a real drop in LFG stuff being put together. Not to say it isn't happening just not at the volume it was.  

I assume some of it is covid restrictions lifting. But I also think it's been 2 years now and the new has worn off. I hope the next updates are less about QoL and more about adding something new to get excited about and help to maintain the population .

• Like 1

I'll occasionally see something to the effect of 'looking for AE farm, i only need 1.5 bars to level'.  And then the same message from the same person every 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes.

And im over here thinking if you just joined a regular team or ran some missions solo you would have been leveled up already.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/24/2021 at 6:43 AM, SuperPlyx said:

IMO it seems to have really slowed down lately. The usual scheduled stuff seems to still be doing ok, Hami, MSR, etc. But notice a real drop in LFG stuff being put together. Not to say it isn't happening just not at the volume it was.  

I assume some of it is covid restrictions lifting. But I also think it's been 2 years now and the new has worn off. I hope the next updates are less about QoL and more about adding something new to get excited about and help to maintain the population .

Yep.  A lot of people have stopped playing on Homecoming over the past year because they can only do the same things over and over and over again so many times.  Meanwhile, the players still playing have been consolidating on Excelsior and Everlasting, which is not a good thing IMO.  IMO, there are simply too many people on Excelsior and people from Torchbearer and Indomitable have been moving there rather steadily for the past few months, making it worse.

Ironically, I've recently mostly moved from Excelsior to Torchbearer.  Torchbearer has a great community and great people.  It's not as active as Excelsior (which is a good thing IMO), but it's active enough.  I haven't had any more difficulty getting teams for red side content than I've had on Excelsior, and for a shard with one third the population that's saying something.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:21 AM, Apparition said:

Yep.  A lot of people have stopped playing on Homecoming over the past year because they can only do the same things over and over and over again so many times.  Meanwhile, the players still playing have been consolidating on Excelsior and Everlasting, which is not a good thing IMO.  IMO, there are simply too many people on Excelsior and people from Torchbearer and Indomitable have been moving there rather steadily for the past few months, making it worse.

Ironically, I've recently mostly moved from Excelsior to Torchbearer.  Torchbearer has a great community and great people.  It's not as active as Excelsior (which is a good thing IMO), but it's active enough.  I haven't had any more difficulty getting teams for red side content than I've had on Excelsior, and for a shard with one third the population that's saying something.

Agree with this.  It's my experience Torchbearer is a lot deader than it used to be, but there's still stuff going on from time to time.  some of the folks I team with left for other servers or moved to Excelsior or just quit altogether.  

On 6/25/2021 at 8:21 AM, Apparition said:

Meanwhile, the players still playing have been consolidating on Excelsior and Everlasting, which is not a good thing IMO.  IMO, there are simply too many people on Excelsior and people from Torchbearer and Indomitable have been moving there rather steadily for the past few months, making it worse.

I'm curious - why do you say this?

Why is it bad to have more players on one server - other than another server dying out

Why does it make it worse?

It's not bad to have more players on one server.  It's bad to consolidate players on 1 server.  The difference is either increased number of players overall, or a server that's abandoned - that gets shut down because few use it.

More servers mean more choices.  There is a server for Europe, one popular with Role Playing, and one popular with PVP.  The others are generic.  We are free to use any one, or all, that we want.

There have been topics that suggested making a server the 'Official' PVP server.  This was met with a shitstorm of assumptions that got that topic closed.  I am NOT suggesting that here, just a historical reference.

On 6/25/2021 at 8:02 AM, TheZag said:

I'll occasionally see something to the effect of 'looking for AE farm, i only need 1.5 bars to level'.  And then the same message from the same person every 5 minutes for the next 30 minutes.

And im over here thinking if you just joined a regular team or ran some missions solo you would have been leveled up already.

This has become all too common on Torchbearer. I find it especially annoying on level 45+ LFG announcements... both Red and Blue side have some great arcs that can easily serve as XP farms for characters... plus (especially on Blue side) there are accolades worth working on that require enemies that naturally crop up in content.

There has been a nice spate of players running Ouro missions (for completeness, badges) who have been announcing and taking teammates for those arcs.