Where am I supposed to be getting my enhancements from?

MikeSol

It sounds like you are pretty new to the game, so welcome!  If you are not new, sorry, welcome!

If you are looking for SOs (single-origin enhancements), every vendor should have a infinite number for sale.

If you are looking for IOs (invention set enhancements), you can make them yourself or buy them on the /AH.

Who run Bartertown?

For low levels, the P2W vendor will sell (at no cost!) five different enhancements that IIRC are Recharge and a %damage. You can use them at higher levels but the %damage stops working around level 22 and there are better options elsewhere (at that point).

38 minutes ago, tidge said:

For low levels, the P2W vendor will sell (at no cost!) five different enhancements that IIRC are Recharge and a %damage. You can use them at higher levels but the %damage stops working around level 22 and there are better options elsewhere (at that point).

They're Dmg/Rech enhancements with a proc (chance for a secondary effect) that retain their value like an IO. It's the proc that stops working at,  IIRC, level 20.

NPC Vendors and Auction House are both good.

I generally don't stress too much about filling my Enh slots at lower levers.  Try to get two Acc DOs in each power that takes them early on.

At level 22 I buy a full set of SOs from an NPC Vendor and then at 27 start to change over to IOs.  You can often buy them from the Auction House for less than the build cost if you put in a reasonable bid and wait a day or two.

All that should be achievable if you keep an eye on what things that drop for you are worth on the Auction House and put them up for reasonable prices.  As soon as you get an Orange Invention Salvage that should sell easily for 500k and finance your Enhancements up to level 22.

regards, Screwloose.

"I am not young enough to know everything."

6 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

It sounds like you are pretty new to the game, so welcome!  If you are not new, sorry, welcome!

If you are looking for SOs (single-origin enhancements), every vendor should have a infinite number for sale.

And if you're new, or to any reading this that are, I'd simply note that vendors tend to be outside at lower level zones, and inside at mid-level zones, like Talos Island. 

Also be aware that vendors have the Single Origins (SO) in their list below the weaker/cheaper Dual Origins.  So scroll down beyond what is at first visible.

A slightly tangential point: You can log your character out at certain places to get 'day jobs' as well as 'bonuses'; some of the bonuses will grant you recipes and enhancement drops upon the completion of missions (for a limited time). You won't get rich or save much Inf this way, but if you are a new player looking for some extra rewards it is a nice little 'extra'.

23 hours ago, MikeSol said:

So where am I supposed to get my enhancements while leveling? NPC vendors or the Auction house?

Well, you'll get dozens of different answers on the best way to enhance your character as you level.  Here's what I do.

I run Death From Below and don't bother with enhancements, except the ones I get in the trial, until I'm high enough level to do the Positron task force (level 8+).

Then, I buy single origin (SO) enhancements from the vendors until I get to about level 30.

Around 30, I finalize my build and start buying/crafting Invention Origin set enhancements (these are the ones with the cool names, like Positron's Blast).  At level 32, I start slotting level 35 crafted enhancements.  I slot higher level enhancements as I level higher and higher.  I find this is absolutely 'good enough' and will not replace these enhancements EXCEPT - for a handful of favorites that I expect to play a lot after hitting 50, I'll make some changes for an 'end-game build'.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.