Is there an easy way to find particular mobs in a zone?

MikeSol

For those missions that require you to kill 5 of these or 10 of those in a zone, is there an easier way to find them? Because right now I am flying around hitting tab all the time hoping I target what I need. Is there an easier way?

Not really or at least not that I'm aware of.

That said there are various maps and other references out there that can give you a better idea of where to roam around hitting tab.  Combine that with custom binds and you'll search a smaller area much faster at least.  Asking in the forums about a specific foe(s) can also help learn about spawning oddities (only at night or shared spawn sites etc.).

Also, if you're looking for enemies with a unique name, you can use a targeting bind.  Much more effective than just hitting Tab.

Say you're looking for 'Fake Nemesis' robots.  If you start collecting badges, you will need to hunt them at some point.

In the chat window, type:  /bind KEYNAME targetcustomnext alive Fake

Personally, I use  /bind numpad1 targetcustomnext alive Fake

I have stuff bound to most of the numeric keypad but keep the 1 free for this use.

This will cycle thru all living Fake Nemesis within range.  Note that this is actually further than you can read their names or, sometimes, even see the target.  Makes hunting much faster.

Unfortunately, you can not do a targeting bind by FACTION.  i.e. you can't have one that searches for all Skulls or Hellions.  You have to use the specific enemy name.

• Thanks 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

2 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Also, if you're looking for enemies with a unique name, you can use a targeting bind.  Much more effective than just hitting Tab.

Say you're looking for 'Fake Nemesis' robots.  If you start collecting badges, you will need to hunt them at some point.

In the chat window, type:  /bind KEYNAME targetcustomnext alive Fake

Personally, I use  /bind numpad1 targetcustomnext alive Fake

I have stuff bound to most of the numeric keypad but keep the 1 free for this use.

This will cycle thru all living Fake Nemesis within range.  Note that this is actually further than you can read their names or, sometimes, even see the target.  Makes hunting much faster.

Unfortunately, you can not do a targeting bind by FACTION.  i.e. you can't have one that searches for all Skulls or Hellions.  You have to use the specific enemy name.

And you change it anytime you need to look for another ( so change "Fake" to whatever else like "Sap" for sappers for example)

I made mine a macro and then just edit it when I need to.

Sometimes these missions specify a certain zone, and sometimes it's just "Kill X" without any reference to where it has to be done.  If no zone is specified, you can actually pick up a radio or other mission against those enemies, and any defeated in the mission will count towards your total.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

When Tour Tips came out, someone in the Everlasting chat was asking whether there were more diegetic tutorials in the game.  This sounds like an excellent opportunity!  Perhaps we can various Zone's Security Chiefs offer a sort of tour mission where it gives you waypoints to familiar a player with "the turf" of various enemy factions.  Perhaps even mention when a Badge is tied to a certain faction.  Something to play with in terms of development.

• Like 1