Looking for Empathy Suggestions (Coulrophobes may want to skip this one)

Pbuckley818

So I have a concept for a Hero with a Clown them who uses the power of joy and laughter to aid his allies. (Essentially a complete inversion of the Evil Clown Trope) Wanna run Empathy (Though Pain Dom in not out of the question) but have no idea what AT or other power I want to run. So I am looking for suggestions that fit the theme and sound like fun to play. 

Help me Homecoming Community, your my only hope.

Edited by Pbuckley818

10 hours ago, Omega Force said:

Illusion controller, for the clown car effect.

That could work, but Empathy does not have a cooldown reduction power. Pain might, but I can't remember if it effects you... Ill is hard enough to spec for.

Have been considering Mind/Pain Controller. Might not be the most thematic but it makes sense with the intended powers. Anyone know if that's any good/fun? I am not super familiar with Mind Control.

Edited by Pbuckley818

Mind control has a good ST attack chain, doesn't really bring AOE until the epic pools.  I've heard it's better on dominators, if you can stand them, but Assault sets don't match your concept at all.  Pain brings debuffs, heals, and resistance buffs; don't see a recharge buff.

32 minutes ago, Pbuckley818 said:

That could work, but Empathy does not have a cooldown reduction power. Pain might, but I can't remember if it effects you... Ill is hard enough to spec for.

Have been considering Mind/Pain Controller. Might not be the most thematic but it makes sense with the intended powers. Anyone know if that's any good/fun? I am not super familiar with Mind Control.

Here yah go: Controller - Illusion Control - Empathy.mxd

On 7/18/2021 at 1:19 PM, Omega Force said:

Pain brings debuffs, heals, and resistance buffs; don't see a recharge buff.

There's a recharge buff in Enforced Morale but you can't use it on yourself, and it's also paltry, something like 5%.

Conduit of Pain also gives you a recharge buff but to use it someone needs to die, and that's not very practical at all.  Plus Conduit also has a crash after 60 seconds.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.