Carnival Mastermind set, please?

I'm far from the first to propose it, but recent posts have reminded me how dearly I would love this set. Please think about it!

From what I know this wouldn't be a lot of work in art or animation, although there might be an increased chance of mimes. I'm willing to take the risk if y'all are.

• Thumbs Up 4

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

i still want to have an MM power with custom pets, where you can just use the costume editor on pets,

this would be the easyest way to get everyone the MM pets they really want

• Thanks 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

Sounds like a lot of work, but a most excellent idea!

OTOH, "testing" a work PC by seeing how well it handles 3D graphics and color fidelity might make this easier.

Not technically "playing" the game on company time. Just making sure the hardware repair was successful. Honest.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

I'll support any and all requests for any kind of MM primary.  I love my MMs and it's getting a bit repetitive regardless of whether I start off asking "Do I want it good?" or "Do I want a challenge?"  It's the same 3 sets for each question with Beasts floating between the 2 depending on secondary.

8 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

From what I know this wouldn't be a lot of work in art or animation,

For each pet tier, you need: base pet, pet with upgrade 1, pet with upgrade 2, and pet with both upgrades. I think there are enough Harlequin Fencers that you could use color to distinguish them, but then you're SOL if we get customization. Strongmen only come in Iron and Steel; you'd need more variations. Similarly, you could use color for the Illusionists, or add the Master Illusionist, but you're still stuck against customization. And this is before you look at attacks.

• Thanks 1

Darn! I was hoping they could just use the code that makes Incarnate Carnies. Thanks for the info, though.

Everything, always, is harder than it looks from outside.

Completely off topic:

Would a Lion Tamer boss mob added to the Carnie faction be off base? Psychicly controlled animals was actually a carnie concept character I created back on live and she was part of a trope that focused on animal telethapy coupled with mad labs running mutant gene manipulation on animals and you get a kind of PETA faction going around freeing mutant power creatures and then controlling them mentally.

My character went a step further though and ended up charming demons with her mask but overall, just a bit of a tangent...

Carnie/Traps Mastermind.
Mimes with Mines.

But . . . yeah.  Seems like the lowest hanging fruit for a quick turn-around of a new Mastermind Henchpet Set.  There are a lot of other Set ideas which I think are infinitely more interesting for Masterminds, but Carnies are prefabricated, popular, and fill a missing niche.  They're the obvious choice for the first new Mastermind Set in years.

I'm in. I don't know why, but I find the Carnival one of the most fascinating villain sets. They'd make a great Mastermind set.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com