Superior Might of the Tanker proc going to work in AoE attacks with full set?

Willdabeastalt1

My best google-fu is failing to turn up CURRENT information on how well this proc works in an AoE attack.

Most of the proc data I could find for AoEs was from circa 2019, and it sounds like they nerfed AoE procs big time since then.

So this isn't a damage dealing proc, but it lasts 20 seconds and stacks up to 3 times, what I'd love to know is how reliable is it?  If I'm using the power it's slotted in (such as Guarded Spin or Innocuous Strikes) as often as it's up, can I reliably count on at least 1 stack of it being up? 2?  All 3?  Do I *HAVE* to have it in a no-recharge enhanced power to have a prayer of keeping that resistance up, or am I good to 6 slot the set for all the sweet set bonuses from it?

Specific answers would be appreciated, I've been through a half dozen guides, all sorts of forum posts, SO many of which it sounds like are woefully outdated, I just want to know before I invest like 90 million influence into a set if it will let me utilize that proc or not.

Thanks so much!

Edited by Willdabeastalt1

SMotT proc fires at 6PPM

I'll assume the set is 6 slotted.

Assuming I am using the excel file correctly:

Chance to Proc in GS = 43.39% per target (56.61% fail vs 1 target, 32% vs 2 target, 18.14% vs 3)

Chance to Proc in IS = 53.36% per target (46.54% fail vs 1 target, 21.75% vs 2, 10.15% vs 3)

So, keeping 1 stack will be easy vs multiple enemies, and I'd be surprised if you didn't have 2 regularly.

Against a single target, it will depend on how often you are swinging the attack per minute.

Edited by Caulderone
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

SMotT proc fires at 6PPM

I'll assume the set is 6 slotted.

Assuming I am using the excel file correctly:

Chance to Proc in GS = 43.39% per target (56.61% fail vs 1 target, 32% vs 2 target, 18.14% vs 3)

Chance to Proc in IS = 53.36% per target (46.54% fail vs 1 target, 21.75% vs 2, 10.15% vs 3)

So, keeping 1 stack will be easy vs multiple enemies, and I'd be surprised if you didn't have 2 regularly.

Against a single target, it will depend on how often you are swinging the attack per minute.

You beautiful, beautiful person, this was a perfect answer!

Clear, concise, specific, not at all condescending and didn't refer me to read a link.  Thank you so much!

Edit: Would it be asking too much to get the same sort of numbers on how it would proc if I slotted it in an AoE toggle damage power like Death Shroud?  Trying to plan out my Dark/Staff tank.

Edited by Willdabeastalt1

In a toggle, the proc chance/test fires once every 10 seconds.

Chance per target = 52.63% (47.37% fails vs 1 target,  22.44% vs 2 targets, 10.63% vs 3 targets)

Maintaining 1 stack is easy, 2 stacks is likely, vs lots of targets.  You'll never have 3, as the duration of the 1st will expire as it attempts to proc again.

Versus single targets, you have a 27.7% chance to have 2 stacks and a 22.44% chance to have none.  Not a good place vs STs.

Sovera had some extended testing of using SMotT in a toggle somewhere, if you want to read up on it.

Work, yes, it will, no reason why not. In AoE toggles its iffy and I would not recommend it. But the downside of placing it in an AoE is that you're not using those in single target scenarios which is why I would suggest finding a way to place it somewhere you would use in either case.

I have Might of the Tanker in Innocuous Strikes and Gauntleted Fist in Guarded Spin. I feel like a get more value from the recharge enhancement in a cone than I would in a ST attack.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 7/24/2021 at 9:20 AM, Sovera said:

Work, yes, it will, no reason why not. In AoE toggles its iffy and I would not recommend it. But the downside of placing it in an AoE is that you're not using those in single target scenarios which is why I would suggest finding a way to place it somewhere you would use in either case.

This. I always slot the AT IO procs in single target attacks specifically because I want them capped out against hard targets.

Yup, and why I have SGF on Jab and SMoT on Haymaker, on my Inv/SS-s.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present