WST Checker

Griffyn

There is obviously a flag on a character that states whether the WST has been completed for the week. At a minimum, can we get a slash command to retrieve that value? It would be nice to check to see if one of my characters has completed the WST. I play with many different people and I DON'T HAVE AN ALT PROBLEM, so it would be nice to be able to just check in game.

Thanks for the consideration.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later
On 8/12/2021 at 3:28 PM, BrandX said:

In the LFG Tag, put "WST Completed on 8/12"

<sarcasm>

But that makes it their responsibility to manage it -- it doesn't hand-hold them as it leads them through the unbearable inconvenience of keeping track of their own characters. You, sir, are a cad for even suggesting that players do things for themselves.    😉

</sarcasm>

Edited by srmalloy
because people can't seem to recognize it
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

But that makes it their responsibility to manage it -- it doesn't hand-hold them as it leads them through the unbearable inconvenience of keeping track of their own characters. You, sir, are a cad for even suggesting that players do things for themselves.    😉

Well, I was trying to be nice and assume they just hadn't thought of using the LFG msg as a way to mark themselves. 😛

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, srmalloy said:

Gentle reminder: Stop assuming your fellow players are awful and idiots for wanting an innocent QoL feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later
On 8/13/2021 at 2:31 PM, srmalloy said:

As an IT professional this is perhaps the stupidest response I could have imagined.  Write it down somewhere even though it's already tracked in the system and it behaves differently depending on the status of that flag.  Suuuure.  You should do that with your bank balance too. No need for the bank to show you what's in your account.  You should take that responsibility on yourself.  Bounce a draft?  Well, you should have known better n00b!

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Griffyn said:

As an IT professional this is perhaps the stupidest response I could have imagined. 

Aaand... I've gone back and added pseudo-HTML <sarcasm> tags around my text for the people who don't recognize it. You lose an immense amount of flexibility when you can't use tone of voice to carry meaning, and have to whack them upside the head with visual clues.

On 8/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, srmalloy said:

Aaand... I've gone back and added pseudo-HTML <sarcasm> tags around my text for the people who don't recognize it. You lose an immense amount of flexibility when you can't use tone of voice to carry meaning, and have to whack them upside the head with visual clues.

Whoops!  I must have been tired and/or real life bleeding in, and I didn't read the second line of the reply where it was very obvious.