New Teleport animation/options to change it

Dahkness

I was actually about to post on this topic. I'd be happy to have the animation for Jaunt as an option for Combat Teleport and Teleportation. 

Most of my favorite teleporters in comics tend to teleport more actively and movement looking more like Jaunt while teleporting, especially in battle. Because combat teleport is the "battle teleport" having the Jaunt animation makes more sense. Since that animation is already "created", I had hoped that it might be an easier port....

Thank you.

*Edited a typo

Edited by TheMuna
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've mentioned before, I think it'd be cool to have a small dirt geyser effect, as if you were actually diving underground and then popping up somewhere else.  Would work really well for stone tanks, who are the ones most likely to NEED teleport, anyway.....

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later

Was going to make my own thread, but will ressurect this one instead. I have zero idea how feasible it would be, but I would LOVE some alternate FX options for the various teleports, and there's already plenty of good options in game that various NPCs have access too that could hopefully be ported as options to PCs. Off the top of my head there's:

-The 'fizzle' is the best way I can describe it. Lots of NPCs (Nocturne and Dr. Aeon being the two recent examples I've seen that come to mind), use this FX when teleporting away after being defeated.

-Maelstrom's unique FX, which he uses when teleporting away.

-The Ouroboros warp. I'm not sure how many NPCs have it, but I know Laura Lockhart has a unqiue effect when she teleports during the events of her arc while pursuing the Guardian of Forever version of it.

All these effects are really neat, and it'd be great to be able to shake up the old effect we've had for so long.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Kismet Cowboy said:

there's already plenty of good options in game that various NPCs have access too that could hopefully be ported as options to PCs. 

Good call. There are animations from the teleport attacks but I wouldn't want those ported over because those should be unique to those power sets. Especially because it's the last or second to last power in those sets so it would be lame if anyone could just take combat teleport and have your cool Lightning Rod effect.

Plus it would be weird if someone did a Shield Charge or Savage Leap but it didn't actually attack anything...

One of the other major servers (Thunderspy I think) added alternate teleports a few months ago if I recall.  There was the trailer they put out where they had different animations, such as the lightning bolt (/em ultimatepower), Serene's murder of crows, Maelstrom's vortex and the Lore summoning.  Would be neat to have those on hand.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.