General question on a Elec/Regen sent

Wolfboy1

Hello again,

I have been wondering when is a good time to start selling these SO enhancements and get into IO stuff...just regular IO things that is.  Not the sets since, honest I cant afford a full set of pretty much anything at this point unless it drops for me.

I have been told that lvl 25 IO will carry you all the way to 50 (not sure about that) or that I should wait till lvl 30 IO's.  What does the Sent community think?

Is there an IO set that is of low level that I should at least think about getting right off the bat?  I am only lvl 24 and maybe have 1.3m inf due to a generous soul.

Level 25 IOs have the same strength as an equal level SO, without the degradation as you level. I'd honestly just buy whatever is cheaper. A lot of times it seems like 25 IOs cost more than their 30-35 counterparts.

If you have the currency to support it, I'd look at getting the Performance Shifter proc to put in Quick Recovery or Stamina. Since Regen likes HP so much I'd also look at getting the Unbreakable Guard unique for the extra HPs. You can either wait until 28 for Resilience, awkwardly stuff it in Reconstruction, or get Tough. Anywhere should be fine since it's for leveling.

5 minutes ago, underfyre said:

Level 25 IOs have the same strength as an equal level SO, without the degradation as you level. I'd honestly just buy whatever is cheaper. A lot of times it seems like 25 IOs cost more than their 30-35 counterparts.

If you have the currency to support it, I'd look at getting the Performance Shifter proc to put in Quick Recovery or Stamina. Since Regen likes HP so much I'd also look at getting the Unbreakable Guard unique for the extra HPs. You can either wait until 28 for Resilience, awkwardly stuff it in Reconstruction, or get Tough. Anywhere should be fine since it's for leveling.

Yeah, i had thought about the performance shifter one...sadly its going for 4mil at the moment...way out of my price range.  I probably will end up getting Tough though.  I havnt checked on the Unbreakable Guard one though.

I swear every time I try to play the market...it looks at me and laughs while taking the little influence I have.  😞

A couple of hints.

First, the way the market is designed, you can buy attuned enhancements for the same price as level xx enhancements. This is because they are bucketed. If I put a lvl 30 Luck of the Gambler on the market, you can buy it as a level 30, level 50, level 47, or attuned enhancement. It doesn't matter what the original level was.

Second, patience is a virtue. Putting low bids and waiting for a week or so can end up getting you huge discounts.

Third, Enhancement Converters are occasionally a cheaper route. Buy a reactive armor and make it a steadfast protection for maybe a dozen or two enhancement converters. It could end up saving you millions.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

Also note that the 5 most recent prices you see displayed for your selected IO might not be the correct ones. There is a bug in the Auction House where it  sometimes (I don't know how frequently it happens, sorry) displays the 5 most recent prices for an entirely different item - in which case you might bid way too high or too low due to misunderstanding.

The best indicators for the price of an IO, or for that matter any other item in the AH, is the number of bids compared to the number of items on offer. But that does not give you very precise price guidance. 

So yeah, @Zepp's advice is the best one - put in low(ish) bids and be patient. Or if you are not patient, make your peace with the fact that BUY NAOW! is a lot more expensive than buying patiently.

I have bought a PS and a UG recently for 2.5 mil. and 3.0 mil., respectively, so those prices are probably still achievable at the moment.

• 4 weeks later

So... I eschewed most of the "expensive" things, and took neither tough nor weave, but have found myself in most circumstances to be stupidly resilient. This is my build. 😄

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

1 point 21: Level 50 Science Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Electrical Blast
Secondary Power Set: Regeneration
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Ice Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Lightning Bolt -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(50), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(50), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(50), Empty(50)
Level 1: Fast Healing -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(50), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(50), Prv-Heal/Rchg(50), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(50), Prv-Absorb%(50)
Level 2: Ball Lightning -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(50), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(50), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(50), Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(50)
Level 4: Quick Recovery -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(50)
Level 6: Zapping Bolt -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(50), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(50), PwrTrns-Dam/Acc/End(50), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 8: Hasten -- Empty(A), Empty(50)
Level 10: Instant Regeneration -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(50), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(50), Pnc-Heal(50)
Level 12: Tesla Cage -- PwrTrns-EndMod(A), PwrTrns-Dam/Rech(50), PwrTrns-Dam/EndMod(50), UnbCns-Dam%(50), NrnSht-Dam%(50), GldJvl-Dam%(50)
Level 14: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-ToHit+(15)
Level 16: Dismiss Pain -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(17), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(19), NmnCnv-Heal(19)
Level 18: Voltaic Sentinel -- Empty(A)
Level 20: Integration -- NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx(A), NmnCnv-EndRdx/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(50), NmnCnv-Heal(50)
Level 22: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 24: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 26: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 28: Resilience -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(29), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(29), UnbGrd-Max HP%(31), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(31), GldArm-3defTpProc(31)
Level 30: Short Circuit -- Arm-Dmg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), Arm-Acc/Rchg(50), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(50), PwrTrns-+Heal(50)
Level 32: Thunderous Blast -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(50), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(50), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(50), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(50)
Level 35: Second Wind -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 38: Frostbite -- Bmbdmt-+FireDmg(A)
Level 41: Ice Sword -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(42), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(42), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 44: Frozen Aura -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(A), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 47: Block of Ice -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), GldJvl-Dam%(48), NrnSht-Dam%(48)
Level 49: Moment of Glory -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Flight-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), RgnTss-Regen+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PwrTrns-+Heal(A), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(5)
Level 50: Vigor Core Paragon 
------------