secondary pools

Elleriel

Hello,

Just to know if someone had tried the spirit ward power that gives absorb to an ally on toggle ? I'm corruptor water / weather, and asked myself if it could worth it to help main tank. (the question is : is the absorp enough to make any fifference in fight or is it unusefull ?)

Second question : in same pool (sorcery), has someone tried to new aracane bolt (the old one was really too long for cast with low dpm), and how is working the new mechanic to reset it ?  

I have never taken Spirit Ward on any character, so cannot comment. I have taken Arcane Bolt on 3 Alts and use it. It still seems like it takes long to cast, but that's the flavor of it.  It does decent ranged ST damage when it is powered up with the Arcane Boost (it has a ring that appears around the power icon)

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Both are great

Spirit Ward is better for pet classes as no tanker should really need it. Idk if I’d use it on a /Storm except as a Preventive Medicine mule.

Arcane Bolt can either be a great situational heavy hitter (recommended use) or an average regular attack.

Edited by arcane
  • Thanks 1

My namesakes, Ill/Rad and Ill/Time controllers, have used Arcane Bolt in attack rotation since it became available. Because controllers need direct attacks and it's very thematic.

Now it is even gooderer with reasonable animation times and the Arcane Boost. If you are a controller, getting the bonus damage from mezzing a foe plus the Arcane Boost yields almost triple damage: triple controller damage, granted, but still, it makes me feel like a damage dealer for a few seconds.

(OT, but I still say Mystic Flight is the best TP power in the game! Set yourself on autofly and hit Translocation every time it recharges. You'll beat the speedster to the door!)

Edited by DoctorDitko
OCD
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

48 minutes ago, arcane said:

"Spirit Ward is better .... as a Preventive Medicine mule."

I can't thank you enough for this. I have a full set on a Dark/Dark Blaster with the Sorcery Pool. I was struggling to find a place for it, because I wanted to slot Life Drain for damage. This is a great solution, even if I don't use the power!

• Like 1

Huge proponent of the test server, it answers a LOT of questions.  That said... as a frequent /Stormer myself, I can see the appeal of a fire & forget ally survival buff that leaves you free to chuck out Tornadoes and whatnot, but /Storm is a bit of an endurance sapper even before you start adding toggles from pools.  /Storm begs for a lot of slotting, so anything you add past the 'gravy' powers in your primary and secondary REALLY has to add something to the build AND be very efficient at doing it, else you're going to live waaaay on the left side of the blue bar and risk bottoming-out more often than you would probably like.

According to City of Data, Spirit Ward as used by a Corruptor gives a burst of 117.8 absorb (unenhanced) for 10s, then blips of 23.6 absorb (unenhanced) for 20s, at a cost of 0.78 endurance per second.   Say you add one slot to it, stick a Preventive Medicine Heal/Absorb/End into it and the Absorb Proc; that bumps the initial absorb up to ~149, and the pulses to ~30, at a cost of 0.57/s, or, 34.2 endurance a minute.

Say you add the same two slots/enhancements to O2 Boost; that nets you ~197 HP heal at an endurance cost of ~10 per application.  If you fired it off three times in a minute, that's nearly 600 heal for 30 endurance, plus some mez protection (Sleep/Stun for 60s) plus some debuff resistance (Endurance Recovery Debuff resistance, Perception Radius Debuff resistance, and sleep resistance for 60s) and a perception buff (+432.5 feet) uh, in case they're nearsighted or something.  

Now, if the plan is to use/enhance both O2 Boost AND Spirit Ward, that combo would go really far towards keeping an ally alive, but it seems like that would starve the build somewhere else that might have indirectly been more helpful in keeping everyone alive.

ETA: My 666th post!  Danzigawatt approves!

Edited by roleki
  • Haha 1

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

I've got a few alts that took Spirit Ward when it was a click buff (as a prerequisite to Rune of Protection). It wasn't a great buff as a click, but it's terrible as a toggle. The endurance cost is way too high for the small buff it provides. I've tried using it on dominator pets and the impact on their survivability is nil.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller