Rollback may be needed?

ScarySai

Did not impact me, but apparently, during the last restart, the account server bugged out and people ended up deleting other people's characters (Which is a stupid reaction, as an aside).

If you just got in and your characters are gone, this may be why, so speak up and get some attention on this.

"Hrm, the server was clearly lagging and being wonky during login, and my character isn't here, but someone else's is...I know, I'll delete them instead of waiting!"

Honestly, if it actually happened, that's 1: Stupid and 2: Seriously uncool.

I was playing on Lightning Ra'ishi, and then I heard a snap from a large gauntlet, and it faded away to ash.

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

ArcID #133 Comic Con S&L Farm;  ArcID #9911 Comic Con S&L Outdoor Edition

ArcID #2915 $Comic Con Fire Farm$ArcID #11612 $Comic Con Fire Farm Outdoor Map$

ArcID #16607 $Comic Con S&L Caves$ArcID #16610 $Comic Con S&L Outdoor$

Holy hell, @Vanden!

I remember that avatar gif! It was one of my favorites!

ArcID #125 Bloody Rainbow: Comic Con Fire Farm;  ArcID #2551 Comic Con Fire Farm: Cave Edition

That might explain why I had this character on my account when I logged in (I deleted them, so sorry if I deleted anyone's character!).

https://i.imgur.com/81Ghv2w.png

And why the hell would you delete someone else's character?

There was a lvl1 character named Doctor Red right where my previous character was that I deleted.

I had no idea who the fuck Doctor Red is but I deleted him.

I found a random level 1 character whose name I did not recognize in my login.  I tried to load the character but got "Invalid character" when I did.  It also said that the character had been offline for more than 7,000 days, which seemed unlikely.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

7000+ days offline!? Hacked into the original source code! Blasphemy!

You may want to cool down and try to remain civil. I doubt they will do a rollback. Deleted characters can easily be recovered. Insinuating that someone is stupid is not needed.

"Hrm, the server was clearly lagging and being wonky during login, and my character isn't here, but someone else's is...I know, I'll delete them instead of waiting!"

Honestly, if it actually happened, that's 1: Stupid and 2: Seriously uncool.

That might explain why I had this character on my account when I logged in (I deleted them, so sorry if I deleted anyone's character!).

There was a lvl1 character named Doctor Red right where my previous character was that I deleted.

Be a real shame if an angry Doctor Red got a hold of your level 50s in the near-future. >_>

You may want to cool down and try to remain civil. I doubt they will do a rollback. Deleted characters can easily be recovered. Insinuating that someone is stupid is not needed.

The action itself is stupid, nobody is calling anoyne else names...yet.

Which is why I said "insinuating" someone is stupid.... you stated their actions were stupid - not far off from calling the person themselves stupid. A modicum of civility goes a long way.

No one is actually hurt and like I said - recovering deleted toons is not a difficult process.

Be a real shame if an angry Doctor Red got a hold of your level 50s in the near-future. >_>

Yes because they knew it was someone else character.....  /facepalm

7000+ days offline!? Hacked into the original source code! Blasphemy!

Sounds like it got set to the zero date of the database, some day in about 2000.  Sounds like a possible (hopefully rare) error.

Wow, it's almost like I had no idea I'd actually be deleting someone else's character! Heck, I thought I'd be freeing up a name slot; this happened after I'd gotten kicked before being able to load into the tutorial, so I thought my character name had glitched somehow. Plus, you'll notice there was no character model, and the character had been offline for over 7,000 days. So yeah, until I heard about this glitch, I had no way of knowing other people's characters were getting deleted.