New Here wondering if CoV is back up as well

gajones4221

Hi,

So my sincere apologies if this has been answered somewhere else I tried looking around and couldn't seem to find where I would be able to play city of Villains with other players or the other one i never played i think it was going rogue. I was wondering if those are playable now and do I need to create a seperate account for those/ different launcher? How would I access them or is there a video tutorial for how to play on CoV if its up?

• Like 1

You can select hero/villian when creating a character if you skip the tutorial.  For tutorials choose outbreak to become a hero and breakout to become a villain.  Galaxy city allows you to choose hero/villain during the tutorial.  Choosing Going Rogue makes you a praetorian - i recommend not doing this for your first character.

Also characters can change alignment after they are created through ingame missions or an ingame npc inside pocket d.

• Like 2

CoH and CoV are the same game.
They have been for over a decade now.

It's just that, generally, the game is referred to a CoH, as it is the original release title and CoV is an expansion.  In the way the Praetorian content is an expansion.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

30 minutes ago, TheZag said:

You can select hero/villian when creating a character if you skip the tutorial.  For tutorials choose outbreak to become a hero and breakout to become a villain.  Galaxy city allows you to choose hero/villain during the tutorial.  Choosing Going Rogue makes you a praetorian - i recommend not doing this for your first character.

Also characters can change alignment after they are created through ingame missions or an ingame npc inside pocket d.

One of the reasons not to choose Going Rogue at first is that, due to the storyline, you'll not be able to interact with blue and red sides for the first 20+ levels. (It's an interesting storyline, though.) Few players go through "gold" side so it is best for a solo player, or one with a team dedicated to doing content with them.

CoV also has a low population, but is more likely to have players available to assist.  I think Excelsior has the highest red-side population but don't quote me on that.   Everlasting is the unofficial role playing server, so there may be a reasonable CoV population there. 

The "ingame npc inside pocket d" which can change your alignment is Null the Gull who perches on the truck parked over in the red-lighted side.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

e and CoV is an expansion.  In the way the Praetorian content is an expansion.

No, no, don't you recall? It was an "expansalone." ;)

(I'm so glad they never used that term again...)

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

10 hours ago, Greycat said:

No, no, don't you recall? It was an "expansalone." 😉

(I'm so glad they never used that term again...)

Sounds like a really, really high calorie Italian snack.

• Haha 1

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com