Mace/Regen

Spankea

Yeah, shield or invul would look great with mace, I really wanted to try something different.  I have played so many shield and invul scrappers that I told myself this time it would be something different since I've never played mace either.

Edited by Swede

Unless you're gonna do Stupid Solo Scrapper Tricks, Regen should be fine.  It's unfortunate that Bio has such obvious visuals because Mace/Bio might fit as well, and it's great.  I say go for it.  Regen is perhaps the weakest Scrapper secondary, but that doesn't mean it can't be effective.  In normal content it'll be fine, and Mace is my favorite Scrapper primary.  

Edit: Ya know, just thinking about it for a minute, I think Mace/Regen would be a fun combo.  War Mace has a good knock-up, some stun, and some AoE knockback/knockup.  Perfect for Regen.  

Edited by Ignatz the Insane

18 minutes ago, Ignatz the Insane said:

Unless you're gonna do Stupid Solo Scrapper Tricks, Regen should be fine.  It's unfortunate that Bio has such obvious visuals because Mace/Bio might fit as well, and it's great.  I say go for it.  Regen is perhaps the weakest Scrapper secondary, but that doesn't mean it can't be effective.  In normal content it'll be fine, and Mace is my favorite Scrapper primary.  

Edit: Ya know, just thinking about it for a minute, I think Mace/Regen would be a fun combo.  War Mace has a good knock-up, some stun, and some AoE knockback/knockup.  Perfect for Regen.  

Mace/bio is definitely the best match with mace, but like you said the visuals can't be turned off.  What you said in your edit is exactly why I'm thinking regen.  Willpower would have been a great theme, but it doesn't work with scrappers well.  SR won't work because mace uses too much endurance.  I really want to make unique combo builds like my ice/shield scrapper.  Builds that no one else has with unique playstyle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Friends don't let friends join the USAF as security forces.

In this instance, security forces is regen.

Do something else. Anything else. Seriously, all the other armor sets are good. Mace/Rad?

Edited by SomeGuy

7 hours ago, Swede said:

/Rad doesn't go well with a viking/swedish theme.

Willpower would. The thing that jumps out at me most with mace/regen is that mace does have some long animations and for a click-happy set like regen, that could easily mean faceplants.

With WP, otoh, you won't have to worry about that and you'll be tougher all around.

2 hours ago, Swede said:

WP I didn't want to do with a scrapper.  It's just too good on a tank/brute that when I try it on a scrapper it's lackluster.  Bill, don't you have a SR scrapper?  Is there any way to make a WM/SR work without asthma issues?

Recovery Serums. They're dirt cheap and super effective.

I fully endorse your desire to play mace/regen.

Regen thrives on recharge and Mace is ripe with force feedback proc opportunities which can help you cycle moment of glory and shadow meld.

The combo won't be super OP but it'll still be able to hold its own. 

Axes are very viking, and they are just like mace but with even MORE force feedback proc opportunities. 

Build for S/L defense, recharge and slow resist. It should be enough to let you take on x8 content, maybe not x4/8 against all factions but it'll hold.

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

On 9/29/2021 at 6:39 PM, Xandyr said:

When you said "Viking lore", my first thought was WP, followed awfully close by Ice Armor.

WP for a brute I love, but not a scrapper.  Ice is great too, but unable to turn off the ice coated animation.

On 9/28/2021 at 10:05 AM, Bill Z Bubba said:

Willpower would. The thing that jumps out at me most with mace/regen is that mace does have some long animations and for a click-happy set like regen, that could easily mean faceplants.

With WP, otoh, you won't have to worry about that and you'll be tougher all around.

WP is just a fixed Regen anyhow